PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Alabama

Nailz
08-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Hello all,

I have never owned an RV and am looking to learn from your experiences,(tx) I am looking to buy a travel trailer toy hauler. Right now I am focused on the Raptor 27 FS or XLR 27HFS-EP. I have a 2007 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L Limited 4X4 that I will be my TV. Thanks for your help with my questions.

Ken / Claudia
08-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Can't help with that trailer. I will guess that you have toys to haul init. I strongly suggest that you get the towing, payload, max weights of the truck and trailer. Make sure your tires can handle the weight. Make sure the hitch can carry the weight. When you read the payload of the truck that is including fuel, passengers and gear. Will it be safe with a 1/2 ton, not if the numbers don't match up. I know that many pull trailers up highway hills at 35 mph in 55/65 zones. The right powered truck will pull at highway speeds, there are many choices out there that are safe and powerful. I am not saying yours is not, it maybe. Start with knowing the numbers.

SAABDOCTOR
08-09-2013, 06:09 AM
HI:wlcm: Wish i could help you out with the trailer. but own a 5er. As far as the tundra goes send Fly guy a pm as he is very knowlageable about the tundra as TV. best of luck:cool:

Nailz
08-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Thank for the advice guys. Still trying to use my crummy powers of persuasion to get a dealer to give me one of these trailers.:D