PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Hornet 27BHS low points

Waldo_2001
08-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Hi all, I have read the owners manual and crawled under the unit and can only find the low point for the water tank. I cannot find the typical small blue/red lines? I assume all campers have the 3 drains but maybe I am wrong. Any help would be great. Also the only portion of the underbelly that is in-closed is the water tank.

Thanks
James

Festus2
08-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Typically, the low-point drains look like two lines (could be both white or red and blue) that protrude a short distance from the black coroplast underbelly. In most cases, they are side by side. These lines will have some type of cap which can be either removed or loosened to allow any water in the lines to flow out.

Your water tank will probably have only one drain valve - again it may be a petcock or some other valve that your can turn to drain the FW tank.

Strange that the black coroplast on your unit only covers the FW tank --- if I am understanding your post correctly. On most other units, the coroplast covers the entire bottom and the low-point drains protrude from the coroplast.

therink
08-03-2013, 04:00 PM
I thought the same thing on my last trailer. Have you looked real close over the axles?

Waldo_2001
08-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. I will get back under there and have another look. The coroplast does completely cover the water tank with the drain coming through it. The bottom on the trailer has the coroplast up against the bottom but it does not cover the gray and black tanks. It is tucked up in the frame cross supports.

Thanks again
James

richf28
08-04-2013, 03:03 AM
My hornet has the lines behind the axles on curb side.

theeyres
08-04-2013, 08:14 PM
My Hideout, which I understand is the new name for Hornet, has the two valves between the axles. They are easy to miss.

fla-gypsy
08-05-2013, 06:31 PM
The ones on my Hornet are just in front of the axles on the back side.

Waldo_2001
08-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Found them. Driver side at rear corner near the bumper. They are not marked but I guess that does not matter.