PDA

View Full Version : Pinstripes

Mike O
08-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Oh boy! I think I screwed up BIG TIME! The pinstriping on my Laredo was cracking and peeling. I got the great idea I would just remove them with a pinstripe remover by 3m on a drill. Well the pinstripes came off easy enough but a quarter of the way through I realized there was that gawd awful white image where the pinstripes were. So in short I still have pinstripes they're just harder to see NOW! :banghead: Anyone know what my options are before I take it to the body shop?

f6bits
08-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Get new pinstripe decals. It's cheaper than a body shop.

BulletOwner1
08-02-2013, 07:50 PM
I had a similar problem with my boat. I removed the stripes, used hair dryer, and researched replacing them. I the area we were located there was a guy that supplied body shops with all manner of colors and sizes of striping. You could check with the body shops near you and find out. It would be a lot cheaper than having the body shop do it. In my case the wife and I actually liked the cleaner look of no stripes. If you look close you can see where they were but over all it looks better.

You may try some cleaner/wax on your RV and make the "stripe" less apparent. Meguiars makes a couple of products I highly recommend, One Step Cleaner Wax #50, and Oxidation Remover/Heavy Duty Cleaner #49. Both are for Marine/RV applications.

ctpd814
08-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Buy a buffer and a fine buffing compound. This will remove the oxidation from the area where the stripes were not. You can use the buffer for removing wax when you do your vehicles also.

therink
08-03-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm Sure that a locally owned sign shop that deals with vinyl graphics can hook you up for under $500. Maybe less. Not to mention that you would get much better vinyl material.
It's worth a shot.
Steve

Mike O
08-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Well were now in the process of moving anyhow..Thanks all.. I will try some of your suggestions. It's a older 5ver but still looks good...so it's worth taking it someplace to have some new vinyl graphics thrown on it. It does actually look better without those swoosh design pinstripes they put on them. I like some things just plain jane.