PDA

View Full Version : New Members from Oregon

GreyDude
08-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Greetings from Bend, OR

I must admit that I have 'guested' this forum for a couple of years before actually joining in. Just trying to pick up hints, tips and valuable experiences from all of you.

Finally made the decision to go with a 5th wheel and based on floorplan and weights, we now have our 2014 Cougar 291RLS HC. Anxious time of waiting almost seven weeks from factory order to PDI was spent getting the TV ready and getting RV supplies from all of the checklists available online.

We've been practicing hooking/unhooking and driving around the area to get a feel of the weight, braking and general handling.
I went to unhook after my last practice run and found that the front stabilizers would not extend using the compartment switch, but would work with the remote. I knew I could find a solution on the forum and after a quick search, was able to determine that I blew a fuse -- newbie mistake. Found the pink wire (described in the forum), popped in a new 30amp fuse: back in business. I already put tape marks on the stalilizer legs so that I don't retract them and overload the motor again.

First real camping trip is just around the corner - enough practice already!

Thanks again for all the information that is posted here. This forum will continue to be a significant resource for us.

Happy Camping to All

JRTJH
08-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Dave,

:wlcm: to you and to Kathie. We're glad you stepped out of the shadows and decided to become a full fledged member. With two years of lurking and not being able to say anything, I'm sure you've got loads to talk about, ask about and even to brag about. So, join in and let us hear from you often.

Keep us posted on the "trials and tribulations" of a new fifth wheel owner. Just remember, every one of us has been in your shoes and most of us well remember the shaking hands, scratched heads and sweating foreheads as we learned how to set up and tear down our campsites and how to tow, maneuver, park and hitch/unhitch our rigs.

Make yourself at home, we're one big happy family.

GaryWT
08-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Congrats enjoy and welcome. How is it on the otherwise so far.

dandjh1958
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Welcome from the other side of those beautiful mountains you look at daily.
Hope you have wonderful experiences with camping in Oregon and beyond.

DieselMatt
08-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Welcome! How is the camping out on the dry side of the state? We have been meaning to make it over that way, but truth be told I'm dreading the climb over the mountains.

suza
08-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Welcome from the other side of those beautiful mountains you look at daily.
Hope you have wonderful experiences with camping in Oregon and beyond.

And welcome from Oregon's south coast.

Andymon
08-06-2013, 02:00 PM
And...WELCOME from Medford!!