PDA

View Full Version : Premier 31BHPR: What kind of slideouts do I have?

tempsho
07-31-2013, 07:38 PM
The owners manual doesnt say anything about how to maintain and adjust the slideouts on my Bullet Premier 31BHPR.

On the LCI1 website they tell me to goto, I get lost and i'm not sure exactly what I have. I know they are electric (not hydraulic) but thats about all I know.

http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=174:support-owners-slides&catid=38&Itemid=103

What kind of adjustments do I need to do periodically on my slideouts? They work good now, as they should since the trailer is brand new.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

zenbuck
08-01-2013, 05:16 AM
Our 31 bhpr has a cable slide out system... These instructions are for an LCI hydraulic slide.. Since there is no instructions included for the cable slides I will assume a dealer will have to make any adjustments.. I just keep 303 protectant on the seals....

hankpage
08-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Are you sure that your slide out is a Lippert???? Bal cable slides are also used. Go to Norcold/Bal (http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/manuals/index.shtml) website and download the service manual for your slide ... but it should have been in the paperwork package that came with the trailer along with fridge, mircro, oven, etc. papers.

zenbuck
08-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks for that link Hank.. I printed a copy for my binder as one was not included... Now I know what the flex shaft is for...

tempsho
08-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the link Hank. One more question: To access the motor if I have to operate it manually, is it mounted on top of the slide, accessed from inside the trailer or is it mounted in the frame, underneath the trailer? (having to cut a hole in the insulated underbelly plastic.

GaryWT
08-01-2013, 05:50 PM
I believe it is on top inside. Take a look you see it all when the slide is closed.

planesnut
08-01-2013, 05:51 PM
I not only didn't get a manual, I didn't get a flex shaft either. I'm sure I can figure something out, but what a pain.

Whohasucovered
08-02-2013, 03:45 AM
I remember someone else mentioning about the flexshaft in another post. I still laugh everytime I hear about it because I remember the sales guy pulling it out when we were shopping around and said he has seen them in all trailers but had no idea what they were for! :D

audio1der
08-02-2013, 05:23 AM
The access panel for the flex shaft is often a small piece of wooden trim centered over the interior trim of the slide. One more reason to keep a cordless drill in the RV