PDA

View Full Version : Peeling decals

Exsailor
07-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Ok I have had very good luck with decals but have 1 that is starting to peel at the edges. Is there any hope for maybe trimming the peel and putting some sort of transparent sealant around the edges? I would like to salvage what I have for as long as I can.

Exsailor
07-31-2013, 03:52 PM
Oh and when I say I've had good luck, well after I had the 5th for over a year the big decal on front started to peel and the dealer replaced it for free. I was shocked!

rjsurfer
08-01-2013, 05:13 AM
Save your energy, once they start to shrink and peel trying to trim and seal the edges is futile.

Start thinking about changing them out.

Ron W.

Ozarkcamper
08-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I would think that Keystone would want to replace these decals for PR. This really doesn't look good being pulled down the road or at a campsite with the big MONTANA decals peeling off. Looks really bad and is surely a OEM engineering boo boo. You would think they would insist they be replaced. Can you imagine what would happen if this was a Ford Or Chevrolet or........

therink
08-05-2013, 02:44 PM
On my last (2010) Sydney fiver, I had a few letter on the front cap that were just starting to peel. I carefully trimmed the peeling edges with a razor blade and then lightly coated new edges with clear nail polish. I kept it another two years after that and there were no further signs of peeling when I sold it.
I suppose this wouldn't work with a serious case of peeling. I'm talking maybe 1/32".

Exsailor
08-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Great idea. Anything is better than just shrugging it off like the
majority here seem to do.

Festus2
08-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Great idea. Anything is better than just shrugging it off like the
majority here seem to do.

Are you saying that most of those who have a problem with peeling decals don't try to do anything about it?

Exsailor
08-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Not at all but if you read most of the posts on the subject they
are either complaining and blaming Keystone (deservedly so)
or just saying deal with it, its a fact of life. Read the first response
With all the experience on this page I just wanted something
i could do to mitigate the damage. Oh and Im getting on a
ladder this afternoon to try the nail polish thing.