PDA

View Full Version : Sydney fifth wheel owners - underbelly insulation question

therink
07-31-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi
My Sydney fiver is listed as having the "Glacier" insulation package. I realize that that really means nothing but am wondering if I am supposed to have better insulation than what I have in the underbelly.
I recently had to remove a section of the chloroplast covering to make a repair to my black tank valve. While in there, the only insulation I found was 3" fiberglass directlyuunder the sub flooring covered with black vapor barrier fabric. Beneath that is the open belly space and nothing more than the the black chloroplast covering. This means that the tanks have no insulation whatsoever.
Not even foil/bubble insulation.
I realize that the insulation levels vary by Keystone sub brand, so am wondering if any other Sydney ownes have oopened and checked this out?
The Keystone website is vague about the sub floor insulation materials used.
Steve

jsmith948
07-31-2013, 05:44 AM
Recently explored our underbelly searching for a possible leak (turned out to be the intrusion of highway spray). Our 5er has the same insulation you mention plus a 1/4 or 3/8 layer of foil/bubble wrap laid on top of the coroplast.
Maybe we have the extra foil insulation because our Cougar has the "Polar Plus" package???"bouncey: