PDA

View Full Version : Camp at disney

robo
07-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Saving to go i think i will start an online fund raiser anyone want to chip in for the dream for my 3 daughters

labs4life
07-30-2013, 03:38 PM
I am going in December!! Donate to me first!! Just kidding, have a great time when u go!!

Knucklehead
07-30-2013, 03:50 PM
always stay at cg in disney world when we go love it you will enjoy the stay there

robo
07-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Well lets try this lol
http://www.gofundme.com/3rpqig

labs4life
07-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Well lets try this lol
http://www.gofundme.com/3rpqig

There u go!! Let this man "hold a dolla"!!!!

Good luck on your quest and I hope you get there sooner versus later!!

twstdpear
07-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Having just gotten back from there a month ago, I just received the credit card statement including our trip. It's not pretty, but at least I did save up for it in advance.

Fort Wilderness is definitely a place you must stay at least once. I'd have to say it's one of, if not *the* nicest campground we've ever stayed at. It's not cheap by any stretch, so it really has no excuse not to be. Some of the other campers we've seen there are big Disney nuts and really go all-out with decorations.

If you're going during hotter months (e.g., April through October): Bring hydration packs (e.g., Camelbak). Fill them up with ice and then top off with water in the morning and grab free cups of ice from the food vendors when you have the chance to keep the water bladder topped off. The cool bag on your back and abundant cold water are nice to have. Throw some snacks in the pack, especially if you have kids, so you won't be hitting the expensive food stands. The staff don't seem to mind the food and never bothered us.

Good luck and have fun!

ctpd814
07-31-2013, 04:47 AM
We went a few years ago during spring break. The trip was planned a little late so we could not get into Fort Wilderness. We ended up staying at the Orlando SW/Fort Summit KOA. This was a great park and is only few minute drive to Disney. Our next trip we plan on staying at Fort Wilderness.

TandE
07-31-2013, 07:42 AM
Man I did not know they had campgrounds there at all. Now I am really jealous that I don't live close to there to make a trip out of it. I am kinda out on the wrong corner of the states to be able to get that much time off to pull it off.:( That place looks amazing.

Family_5ers
07-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Better start saving! Sounds like a great way to combine Disney and camping experiences. My girls would love it Would like to wait until the youngest is a little older (only 10months now) so it gives me time to start my fund.

JBE-Dad
07-31-2013, 04:14 PM
We spent 10 days there just a few weeks ago during the 4th if July. Been there many times, best place to stay with kids.

Trying to load a photo of our campsite, but its not cooperating with me.

jtyphoid
07-31-2013, 07:18 PM
Besides being a great campground, the Fort Wilderness campground is considered an on-site "resort", so you qualify for Extra Magic hours, too.

mhs4771
08-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Fort Wilderness is pricey, but so close to everything and you don't pay $14 or $15 per day to park. We stay often and we don't even have kids. Last time there we didn't even go to the Parks, other than one day at the Water Park. Take the bus or boat over to the Transportation Center and ride the Mono Rail to all the other Resorts and just wander around. Never a problem to get a site, just keep checking on-line. Relax and have FUN

whitescrew77
08-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Sometimes at Disney they have LGBT week there. It is not sponsored by Disney, but the lesbians and gays pick a week and just descend on the place. It is usually Labor Day week I think. Quite a few people I work with found out the hard way when it was. Don't want to explain why 2 guys are kissing each other to my young kids. Search on the internet and it will tell you when not to go to Disney if you want to avoid it. You will not get refunds from Disney Corp. if it happens to you. Hope this helps. :cool:

labs4life
08-01-2013, 07:22 AM
I was just in New Orleans and that could be said about that city as well. You definitely ain't getting a refund from the big easy!! Just stay away from the rainbow flags and USUALLY all will be well! If you happen to wander into a bar that is flying Gordon colors, well better hold on, cause you did it to yourself!

I am looking forward to spending some time at Fort Wilderness this December. Kids will have an awesome time and, best of all, it will not be 150 degrees!!!!!

robo
08-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Well i am saving for it have 300 cash so far so i u all want help support my dream lol

B&T
08-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Just a heads up for any active duty or my fellow military retirees & families.

Disney has extended their military special into 2014.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/07/disney-parks-salute-u-s-military-with-special-tickets-room-rates/