PDA

View Full Version : New Cougar 31SQB owner

Elcorbs
08-16-2010, 03:27 PM
My wife and I put off buying for the past 13 years or so and finally decided to give it a try before we retire in the next 6 years. We want to find out if it is going to be what we think it is. We spent the weekend at Jekyll Island camground where my parents are the hosts. Glad they were there to help us out and to answer all the questions we had. My lessons learned book has grown immensly over the past few days. We now know a little better of what to bring and what not to bring. The Cougar (TT) weighed 6920 dry. We have now loaded it and I pull it with a 2008 Toyota Sequoia with the 5.7. It was a 100 mile jaunt and I ran between 55 and 60mph. We averaged 10.7 MPG for the trip up with 6 passengers and the loaded trailer. An uneventful weekend and we are eagerly waiting on the 27th of August we we can go back up again.:)

Festus2
08-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Welcome to the forum, Elcorbs and congratulations on your new Cougar. I am assuming that "uneventful" means no problems ---- which is a good way to start out! Hopefully, your second outing will be both enjoyable and trouble-free as well.

antiqfreq
08-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Welcome,

and we are so happy you have joined the forum.

I am also very happy your first trip out was joyous and
I hope all the rest are the same!

JO

Elcorbs
09-26-2010, 04:10 PM
We have had a total of 3 outings and they have all been great. Each one is easier than the last. The set up and take down is getting faster. We had to widen our storage pad in the back yard and now have 30 amp service and water if we need it. Now we can work in the RV with the AC running. Sure makes it nice.:)