PDA

View Full Version : Hitch repair

lonewolf
08-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Hi guys, my weight distribution hitch the receiver part on the truck where the round bars slip into, can the bushings be replaced? Mine are worn out and the bars will not stay in because there is to much free play and after I looked the holes or bushings are oblong instead of round here are a few photos. Thanks for looking

Flyguy
08-16-2010, 06:17 AM
I don't know if those parts are available from the manufacturer, getting them out would not be a problem with a torch and heat but getting replacements might be. I would think that a machine shop could manufacture anything that you might need and at the hardness that you would want, the real question is would the price be such that just replacing the hitch be more economical?

traveler
08-16-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't know if you cleaned the receiver up for the pictures or not, it appears there is a serious lack of grease in the holes.
The metal clip/pins on the outside "snap" into place when you put the spring bars in the holes, sometimes they will hang up a little and need to be pushed in by hand as you rotate the spring bars.
I have always greased the spring bars nearly every day when towing.
I know it gets a little messy but it goes a long way to reducing wear, creaking and groaning from the spring bars.
Best of luck
John

lonewolf
08-18-2010, 05:07 AM
Can anyone guide me to a place to find a new head assembly for replacement?

SLIMSHADIE
08-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Have you tried etrailer.com?

2011 keystone
02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Check E bay