PDA

View Full Version : Shower faucet

BulletOwner1
07-29-2013, 08:29 AM
My Bullet has a faucet in the shower stall like the ones in the shower/tub units. Is this the Keystone way? On other RV's I've had the shower stalls had just a shower only unit without the faucet. There is no shut off on the shower wand for saving water. I think I want to convert to a shower only unit. Anybody done this?

Festus2
07-29-2013, 09:45 AM
You can always go to HD or Lowes, buy and install a shut off for your shower wand. I think it is less than $10 --- a lot less than a conversion. I assume you have a hot and cold water tap in the shower as well as the flexible wand???

Or....... buy an Oxygenics shower head. I've got one and, along with others who have the same thing, a great investment. Go to their website for more info or search here ("oxygenics"). I put a shut off in that set up.

BulletOwner1
07-29-2013, 10:00 AM
I think my complaint with the current system is that when starting the shower the water comes out of the faucet COLD and hits the feet. With the shower only setup I can direct the stream away while adjusting for temp. I know it's a trivial issue but................

I have the Oxygenics head and it is a big improvement over the old style. And I do intend to got a shutoff. BTW can the shutoff be attached at the faucet or on the head only?

f6bits
07-29-2013, 10:53 AM
I've tried using a shutoff. All that seems to do is let the cold water push the hot water back into its pipes, leaving you with a cold spray when the shutoff is released.

Back to your original issue, if you don't have a tub, here are some replacement faucets:
http://www.trekwood.com/categories/38660/Faucets-Tub-Shower

Festus2
07-29-2013, 11:06 AM
I've got the shut off at the shower head end. Not sure if it can be installed at the opposite end or not.