PDA

View Full Version : Shower water pressure low

mic1hael
07-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Hello everyone I am camping as I am typing and loving it but I just took a shower and the water pressure was horrible. It is good everywhere else and I even have a 50psi regulator hooked up. Does anyone know of anyway I can possibly fix or boost the water pressure out of the shower head. Thanks for the help.(tx)

richf28
07-29-2013, 01:14 AM
First check your shower wand hose ends. Some have screens in them and could plug. Consider an Oxygenics shower head. Not only does it give you more pressure but saves you hot water.

therink
07-29-2013, 02:42 AM
I didn't like the flow rate in my shower either and I have an Oxygenics shower head. I ended up unscrewing the hose from the shower faucet and carefully drilled out the water resrictor hole in the faucet, to enlarge it (just a little). This improved the flow rate.
Steve

GaryWT
07-29-2013, 04:05 AM
Do you have this issue everywhere you go? We were going to upgrade this year as our other trailer shower was poor. We decided to wait to see how this one was. On the first 5 trips everything was great, this past trip not so good but the pressure just seemed poor everywhere so we will not do anything yet. Sometimes the campgrounds to not give you good pressure.

mic1hael
07-29-2013, 04:17 PM
It has always been bad but I can't wait to try some of things you guys have mentioned. I bought the higher pressure regulator hoping that would fix the problem but I guess I still have some work to do. (tx)

floatflyer
07-29-2013, 05:12 PM
The inlet to my shower wand head was about 1/2 the size of the openings from the faucet diverter valve and the flex hose. I drilled out the wand orifice to the same size as the other openings and have much better flow now. I also changed to 5/8 inch water supply hoses from 1/2 inch and use a better pressure regulator. The regulator doesn't really make much difference because the supply pressure is only 40 psi. The reg can't boost a low supply pressure. But opening up the wand inlet helped a lot.

chuck&gail
08-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Many showers have a government mandated flow restrictor in between hose and shower head. Just unscrew and look for a washer with a small hole. If it is there, throw it away and enjoy.