PDA

View Full Version : Polyurethane caulk vs butyl rubber

Campndru
07-27-2013, 09:24 AM
I am having trouble finding butyl calking in my local area. I do not want to use silicone. Anybody have experience with polyurethane caulk or DAP 3.0 Window, Door, Trim and Siding High Performance Sealant, White on Rv applications?

Festus2
07-27-2013, 09:34 AM
I would suggest ProFlexRV Sealant - a product from Geocel. It is flexible, tripolymer sealant and used for many RV applications. Your right in not using silicone.

therink
07-27-2013, 09:40 AM
I would suggest ProFlexRV Sealant - a product from Geocel. It is flexible, tripolymer sealant and used for many RV applications. Your right in not using silicone.

X2- a little goes a long way. Make sure you have some turpentine to help with clean up. A little dish soap on the finger helps when smoothing out the beads of caulk. The stuff sets real quickly too.

zepluvr
07-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Hello,
We just went from tent camper to TT. Bought a used 05 Srinter Copper Canyon. Spent this week scrubbing the grime off and it looks like silicon was used around all the molding type trim on the exterior. Alot of it looks like dirt got under it and it looks terrible. We are going to try to remove what we can and redo it. You state not to use silicon. May I ask why it shouldn't be used?

Campndru
07-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Can't do anything with it.
Can't redo without removing ALL since it does not even stick to itself once cured.
It is hard to remove completely without a great deal of "elbow grease".

meyerske
04-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Can you use the ProFlexRV Sealant on vertical surfaces, like for replacing a door hold, etc? Or will it run?

Festus2
04-29-2014, 02:36 PM
It can be used on vertical surfaces with no running.