PDA

View Full Version : Need help with tires

wacdmc
07-26-2013, 08:32 PM
My Copper Canyon fifth wheel has a GVWR of 14,100 with two 6K pound axles.

I'm trying to decide if I should stay in E load range by upgrading to Bridgestone Duravis R250's or Michelin Ribs. Those tires only have a load capacity of 3042 per tire - kind of low considering my GVWR but still within my axle rating.

Or, should I go for G load wheels and G load tires with 3750 capacity per tire. This way, I figure I have a greater safety margin with the extra weight capacity.

On G tires, I've narrowed it down to the Sailun and the GY614.

So, do you think I should stay in E load range or upgrade to G?

Is it worth $480 extra for the GY's? I'm dumping China made ST's and not sure I want a China made LT - although the Sailun seems to have a pretty good reputation.

Festus2
07-26-2013, 09:32 PM
wacdmc -
Sailun tires are made in China so it seems you are dumping China-made ST's for a China-made LT.
(Google - Where are Sailun tires made?)

CWtheMan
07-27-2013, 02:38 PM
My Copper Canyon fifth wheel has a GVWR of 14,100 with two 6K pound axles.

I'm trying to decide if I should stay in E load range by upgrading to Bridgestone Duravis R250's or Michelin Ribs. Those tires only have a load capacity of 3042 per tire - kind of low considering my GVWR but still within my axle rating.

Or, should I go for G load wheels and G load tires with 3750 capacity per tire. This way, I figure I have a greater safety margin with the extra weight capacity.

On G tires, I've narrowed it down to the Sailun and the GY614.

So, do you think I should stay in E load range or upgrade to G?

Is it worth $480 extra for the GY's? I'm dumping China made ST's and not sure I want a China made LT - although the Sailun seems to have a pretty good reputation.

I think you should check your trailer's axle spacing. Keystone builds a lot of units with just enough axle spacing to accommodate the Original Equipment tires.

CW