PDA

View Full Version : fulltiming in SD

bobbecky
07-26-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm Bob and she's Becky. I'm a retired electric utility lineman and we decided maintaining a house when we wanted to travel was a waste of money. We started officially full-timing last November, when the house sold. We moved up from a 25ft 5th wheel to our 2012 39ft Montana 3402RL and pull it with a 2012 Chevy 2500HD CC with Duramax/Allison, which pulls the Montana sweet. We added an automatic satellite dish so far, pretty much everything else we would need was already installed. We did upgrade to an 18K Pullrite slider hitch, which is a great unit. So far, other than a few minor problems that I took care of, we just had to have the black tank drain valve and the fittings at the valve replaced due to breakage at two bolt holes and the front 13.5k A/C replaced due to catastrophic failure, all under warranty. We moved our domicile from California to South Dakota, primarily for the mail forwarding, but also for all the other benefits the State of South Dakota provides a full time RVer. We are totally happy with our home on wheels, and look forward to many years exploring our country.

JRTJH
07-27-2013, 02:39 AM
:wlcm: to the forum and to Keystone RVing. We have a number of relatively new members who are considering the full time lifestyle. Some of them have recently been asking questions about how to get started, what to consider and what to expect. Check out our full timing section and join in the converstation. I'm sure those members (and many others) would be delighted to hear from someone who is doing it and what pitfalls you encountered in the transition.

Make yourself at home and enjoy your time here. We're glad you decided to join.

Lost
07-27-2013, 02:41 AM
:wlcm:From Michigan to the forum. I hope you enjoy your Montana.

antiqfreq
07-27-2013, 05:58 AM
Welcome to the forum. ... so happy To have you with us.

Check out our fulltimers forum if you have any Questions.

Jo

:wlcm:

Love2camp
07-27-2013, 05:14 PM
:wlcm: to our little group, safe and happy travels in the new Montana!