PDA

View Full Version : Dinning Table lose

FishCatcher1
07-24-2013, 01:14 PM
My dinning table is mounted within the port side slide. It is not anchored to the slide floor. The screws that were used to anchor the table are 3" course threaded and extend 1/2 " below the bottom of the table feet. The slide floor below the carpet appears to be sheet metal.

I'm interested in how to anchor the table so that it stays in place during travel and not cause problems with the slide function.

This 5er is a 2008 Mountaineer 285 RLD. Slide has the table and folding hide-A-bed couch. Thx for your thoughts.

dvn/ajn
08-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Have a 2013 Mountaineer 295 RKD with the same slide set up. Table is also loose they used a 4" screw on ours. Did you fix this yet?? Was thinking of putting a piece of stained wood under each leg that I attach to floor and then mount table to them. Would have to see how the table height is impacted for sitting comfort at table.

mobile42
08-09-2013, 10:34 PM
I removed the factory (transport) screws once I got my 5th wheel home and have left them off ever since. My table stays put with the 4 chairs slide under and as far as I know, I don't have an issue.

Festus2
08-10-2013, 07:25 AM
FishCatcher1 -
We had an "anchored" table (center support type) but have since replaced the center support with oak table supports at both ends (pedestal type??). The table is now unattached to the floor but has not been a problem. A small piece of Scoot Guard placed under the feet seems to keep the table in place - even when travelling.

eds451
08-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Festus,
Could you explain what you did to replace the factory metal pedestal posts with oak? I am looking at different ways to make the dining table less wobbly. I cannot secure the end of the table to the wall as the slide out window is bigger than the table. The DW and I cannot sit down to a meal without someone putting their arms/elbows on the table top causing a culinary oops.

Bob Landry
08-10-2013, 04:27 PM
I can think if a couple of ways to deal with this. One is to attach "eye" to the floor like are used to secure the swivel rockers when traveling. Use adjustable webbing straps with hooks on the end. The eyes can easily be positioned so that you don't step on them when you're walking around the table. Another possibility is to simply turn the table upside down when traveling. That's what we do with the dinette table in our Outback.

PND
08-19-2013, 06:23 AM
"I removed the factory (transport) screws once I got my 5th wheel home and have left them off ever since."

My table is screwed down also. Are these just "transport" screws and meant to be removed?:confused: Our table just hits the island when the slide is in and has rubbed a mark on the trim wood.

PND

ht40
10-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Other than the table bouncing into the kitchen island, I don't see a purpose in the screws. After mine loosened up, I countersunk and added a pair of screws to replace the stripped out ones.

RovingReiley
10-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks to some great input from other posters here: we took a pool noodle, sliced it open like a hot dog bun, and slide it over the end of the table that will eventually open into or slide into the island while transporting. Works like a charm! Gotta love those pool noodles!

Paul and Donna
2014 Mountaineer 310RET
2014 F-350 Diesel 4 x 4

magoorv
10-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Since there are only two of us in our Avalanche TG345, we took ours loose from the floor and turned it 180 degrees so we could both sit on the wide side of the table and look out the window. It has never turned over or bounced around and if we have company, we can move it to the living room.

2011 Keystone Avalanche TG345 38'
2012 Ford F250 6.7 liter

Cougar1957
09-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Since there are only two of us in our Avalanche TG345, we took ours loose from the floor and turned it 180 degrees so we could both sit on the wide side of the table and look out the window. It has never turned over or bounced around and if we have company, we can move it to the living room.

My screws won't hold any more and I am contemplating how to go with this. You say you leave yours loose, but surely you must be strapping it down when traveling aren't you? The first trip that my table screws worked themselves out I found my table on its side after arrival at my camp site. I strapped it down for the trip home and it stayed put.

JRTJH
09-07-2016, 07:50 AM
My screws won't hold any more and I am contemplating how to go with this. You say you leave yours loose, but surely you must be strapping it down when traveling aren't you? The first trip that my table screws worked themselves out I found my table on its side after arrival at my camp site. I strapped it down for the trip home and it stayed put.

You posted this question in a thread that has been inactive since October 17, 2014 and quoted that question with comments from magooRV, a member who last logged into the forum on October 13, 2015. You may get some responses from other members, but it is very unlikely that magooRV will reply to your comments.