PDA

View Full Version : Cougar High Country/2011 291

msuron
07-23-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm currently looking at a used 2011 Cougar High Country 291. It seems to be in very good condition (except the front decal that the dealer is replacing).

I'd apprecitate it if members here could give me any feedback on that year/model, be it positive or negative that would help me in my decision to purchase.

Thank you in advance!

RdRmr
07-23-2013, 11:02 AM
msuron,
I have that unit, 2011-291RLS, has done well. The decal on the front cap has been replaced a year and a half ago and is getting bad again. Will just remove it this time. We have had some issues in the beginning, all repaired under warranty. Biggest problem was the Lippert Equa-Flex suspension parts, they cracked and were out of warranty by a few months, no help from Lippert. Replaced them with the Dexter E-Z flex system, many thousands of miles so far and no issues. See my profile for pics. I did modify the steps up to the bedroom area, added another. Would I purchase this unit again? Yes. The galley dump valve is in an awkward position behind the left front tire but am used to it now. It has been relocated on the newer models. About every six months I check the cables on the slide systems too make sure they are still in adjustment. Good luck on your decision and HAPPY CAMPIN....

rubydoodle
08-05-2013, 05:09 PM
We bought it new, and this is our third trip out West (from east Tennessee) with it. We tow with a Toyota Tundra, which also does great. Ours came with the table and chairs, which we did not like. We ended up taking them out, pushing the sofa down where the table was, and adding a recliner. My husband has a bad back, so the recliner finally makes him comfortable. Also, we love the sofa where it is because if we have a grandchild sleep in our camper, there is room to get by, cook breakfast, go outside, etc. We camp about six or seven months a year (currently in Wyoming). We go to the Outer Banks of NC and then coast of SC in the fall and return home the first week of Dec. Then we leave shortly before Christmas and take the camper to SC to spend Christmas near our family. Right after Christmas we leave for the Keys and spend Jan., Feb., and Mar. there. Then we are home until we take off for the West (hopefully Northeast next summer). I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours!!

Albert
08-05-2013, 07:23 PM
We have a 2011 291 RLS and love it. We purchased it used around the first of the year. So far the only item we have needed to replace we a couple cracked inserts on the rear ladders steps. Also the paint has faded a bit on the very top of the front cap. All decals look like they are in good shape.

We have done a few add on since we purchased it. We installed intellajack system, wireless rear camera, a remote controlled fantastic vent in kitchen area, and a surge protector.

Good luck,

msuron
08-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the advice from everyone! We made the purchase and will take it on our 1st trip in September.

RdRmr
08-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Congrats on your purchase, enjoy your travels. Happy Campin....