PDA

View Full Version : Our 1st TT and TV

crash
07-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Storm took both out and 2 other cars to:(:banghead:Before and after pictuers.

Back Country
07-23-2013, 03:59 AM
Dude that sucks!:(
Hope everyone is ok?

Kristi
07-23-2013, 04:25 AM
:eek: That one tree took out all 3 vehicles & the TT.

SAABDOCTOR
07-23-2013, 04:49 AM
IS EVERYONE OK? I hope the insurance company enjoys their new toys! good luck and hope you get back to normal soon. Prayers.

zenbuck
07-23-2013, 05:02 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news.. As long as everyone is OK, the TT and TV can be replaced...

crash
07-23-2013, 05:21 AM
Yes everyone is ok this was back in 2011 when irene came thru.The wife was home from Afganistan for 2 week r and r ,we got evacuatied from Nags Head got home and the hurricane still got us and there was even a earthquake in Va. to..We now have the Raptor and 08 f350,and the 06 F350 dumb me I didnt have insurance on it, everything covered but that,We still have the 06 as a reminder:banghead:.The wife said she felt safer in Afganistan then at home them 2 weeks:DThe pic w/ blue tarp is how it is 2years after the fact still setting in yard(will cost $12,000 to get fixed what a mess up on my part):banghead:Dont worry about date on camera it will not stay set to proper date.

brandon.delaney
08-17-2013, 05:12 PM
We had a small micro-burst come through by our house in the City of Oswego in Upstate New York. My neighbor had a giant Willow tree that apparently had started rotting from the inside some time ago. Well, my camper found out the hard way. Luckily no one was home and nobody was hurt.

Also, I feel your pain about the insurance. I did not have insurance on my camper I just assumed when it was in my driveway home owners would cover it as personal property. That is not the case they look at it as a utility trailer parked in the yard max of $1000. Just purchased this baby last year around the same time.

But now we have a 2013 So it all works out in the End!

JRTJH
08-17-2013, 06:22 PM
That tree did make a mess of your RV :( I understand your homeowner's insurance not covering the full cost of the RV, however since the tree fell from your neighbor's yard onto your RV, have you looked into filing a claim against his homeowner's insurance? Once, years ago, we had a huge sycamore tree fall onto your neighbor's fence and knocked off the water faucet from the side of his house. Our policy wouldn't cover any of our loss, but paid for his fence, his faucet, the lawn damage, cleanup of the tree and even paid for the water he lost until a plumber could turn off the utilities... And all they did for me was say, "You haven't met your deductible, so there is no payment."

You might find his insurance company is in a position to pay your losses incurred when their policy holder's tree damaged your property.

curlyfungirl
08-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Storm took both out and 2 other cars to:(:banghead:Before and after pictuers.

That will give us some encouragement to get the rest of the trees in our yard topped. We have gap coverage on the vehicles but would not want to go the the stress of what you have gone through. Hope everything gets replaced quickly for your sake.

brandon.delaney
08-18-2013, 11:34 PM
That tree did make a mess of your RV :( I understand your homeowner's insurance not covering the full cost of the RV, however since the tree fell from your neighbor's yard onto your RV, have you looked into filing a claim against his homeowner's insurance? Once, years ago, we had a huge sycamore tree fall onto your neighbor's fence and knocked off the water faucet from the side of his house. Our policy wouldn't cover any of our loss, but paid for his fence, his faucet, the lawn damage, cleanup of the tree and even paid for the water he lost until a plumber could turn off the utilities... And all they did for me was say, "You haven't met your deductible, so there is no payment."

You might find his insurance company is in a position to pay your losses incurred when their policy holder's tree damaged your property.

Yes I spoke with the adjuster about that and she said that since nothing on the house was damaged there is no case. The Insurance company did cover the removal of the Tree off of my Camper and driveway. But only because the force from the tree slamming into the camper drove the tongue jack about 6 inches into my driveway. Had the tree not damaged my driveway they would not have covered the damage.

JRTJH
08-19-2013, 04:57 AM
Yes I spoke with the adjuster about that and she said that since nothing on the house was damaged there is no case. The Insurance company did cover the removal of the Tree off of my Camper and driveway. But only because the force from the tree slamming into the camper drove the tongue jack about 6 inches into my driveway. Had the tree not damaged my driveway they would not have covered the damage.

You might want to doublecheck with an attorney. Any action would likely be against your neighbor's policy, not against your neighbor. The loss was not a result of anything you did. His policy should cover losses you suffer because of his "action"

suza
08-19-2013, 12:54 PM
It's always sad to see damages, such as these, that were not the fault of the owner except being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Insurance companies can be difficult, to say the least. Both the insurer and the insured are playing the odds. You can bet the insurer will come out ahead, no matter what, or they wouldn't stay in business. I'm surprised they didn't apply the "act of God" clause.

As far as property damage goes, I'm inclined to think self-insurance (setting an amount aside to cover such mishaps) is a better way to go. Then you don't have the hassle of claims, deductibles, getting quotes, etc. It's certain you won't get replacement cost if the RV is totaled. But, you do need to protect yourself from personal liability.

JMO