PDA

View Full Version : Bolt working up thru floor

gll
07-22-2013, 08:08 AM
We just bought a 2010 Cougar 292rks 5th wheel and once we got it home we had a bolt sticking up under the Linoleum flooring, it was not there when we bought it, I gently cut the floor and its a fine thread 1/4 in bolt with a phillips taper head, I tighten it down and use a little wood glue, next trip when we arived home its starting to stick up again, this time I used lock tite thread locker and put it back down, any one know what its for or why it would work its self up in a short 80 mile pull ? its located about center of the Rv, a little forward of the axle and center of the room.

JBE-Dad
07-22-2013, 08:41 AM
I had the same thing happen in my 293SAB. I tightened it down but it never came back up.

FishCatcher1
07-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Had the same issue on my mountaineer 285RSL 2008. The bolt pushed through the linoleum flooring leaving a small flap. After talking to customer service to find out what is was holding - they couldn't tell me, I removed the bolt and found it to be the same as you discribed. I put it back and screwed it down good and tight, closed the flap over it and the bolt has not backed out yet - 3000 miles aprox. If it does, it will get the lock tight treatment.

gepaine
07-24-2013, 09:00 PM
We had a similar problem with our Cougar TT. A screw that secured the plywood subfloor to the frame was backing out and pushing up on the underside of the lino. Luckily, we spotted it before it damaged the lino.

I cut a flap in the underside of the trailer directly below the offending screw. I then re-tightened the screw (from below) and added a nylon washer and nut to the screw to keep it from backing out again. Seems to have solved the problem.