PDA

View Full Version : New to forums -Fridge Problem

csteck
07-20-2013, 09:35 AM
I've never been on a forum before but I'm hoping that doing this will help for my problem. I have a 2011 Laredo 265RL, Yesterday we were packing it to leave on our vacation and my son noticed the control board on the refrigerator had no lights on. It has been on for 2 months working flawlessly. I hit the on button and nothing, I looked at the fuse panel, saw a red light, went and got a 15A fuse to notice the bad fuse is for the furnace. The refrig and the furnace along with the A/C unit all are dead. All lights work, everything but those 3 items. Can't get it in for 6 to 8 weeks. Everybody is booked. I pulled the fuse panel cause I heard there should be fuses on the back but nothing back there. I want to fix the problem but don't know where to look now.:banghead: Anybody got any ideas?

jtyphoid
07-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Do you have any circuit breakers? Are any of them tripped? To have three appliances go out makes me suspect an electrical problem. Do the lights and microwave work?

Also, keep in mind that tripped breakers don't always look like they have tripped. Turn them off then back on to be certain.

twstdpear
07-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Is it possible a mud dauber set up shop in your fridge's "burner" (not sure of the exact name)? I've also heard of carbon buildup on the burner causing similar problems.

We had a friend that had their fridge mysteriously stop working between the time she left her house and set up at the campground - no cooling, no lights on the control panel. I checked it out an it turned out that a mud dauber built a nest on the burner, so when she disconnected her electric, the gas tried to ignite but the flame went out the side instead. This burned up some wires, causing them to short out and blowing the fuse.

I don't think the mud daubers move in when the heat is on, though. Since it sounds like you've had the fridge on for the past two months, I'd lean towards some other type of blockage (e.g., carbon buildup) if your wires are burned and shorted. It's pretty obvious if that's the case if you look inside your outside fridge access.

hankpage
07-20-2013, 03:41 PM
Welcome, The furnace is 12v dc and should work on or off of shore power. Even when on shore power or gas the fridge needs 12v dc for its control board and the lights. Your A/C is all shore power. (Some need 12v dc for thermostat)

First, Check your battery. Do you have 50amp or 30amp shore power? If 50amp and plugged into 30amp that is why your A/C is probably not working. As mentioned check to see that all circuit breakers are on and reset them all just to play it safe. All of these appliances are on different circuits and the odds of them all going bad at the same time are slim.(barring a power surge or lightning)

#2, Did the furnace work when you replaced the blown fuse marked furnace?? What type of thermostat do you have??

#3, when you heard about blown fuses behind the panel they where talking about behind the fridge. Remove the access door (vent) on the outside behind the fridge. Check to see if you have 120v ac to the outlet the fridge is plugged into. There is a small black box in that compartment that contains two glass type fuses ... check them.

With several systems out it is a process of elimination to get them back.

csteck
07-20-2013, 06:00 PM
I checked all the beakers. I checked the burner, all good. I'm hooked to 30A and my fifth wheel is a 30A service. The thermostat is a Coleman Mach. The 3A fuse at the back of frig has that green inside but I checked connectivity of the fuse and it's good. I'm gonna run to town and get some 3A fuses and try that, but that still doesn't explain why the furnace, A/C and frig won't come on. Micro works. The dealer I bought my 5th wheel from said that there should be fuses on the back of the fuse panel. The convertor is part of the fuse panel they thought. I'm leery. I'm puzzled.

blackty
07-22-2013, 06:06 PM
When there is a red light on your 12v side, that fuse is shot. Replace the fuse...Jim

That particular fuse does in fact cover your fridge.