PDA

View Full Version : Saw a Bald Eagle camping in GA

Htfiremedic
07-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Well folks, we spent the week last week at Elijah Clark State Park in Lincolnton, GA. We went south on the Savannah River and as we went under the Hwy 478 bridge, we were astounded to see a Bald Eagle take flight out of a tree and swoop low over the lake.
It was a great thing for my family. Saw the thing twice. That is a memory for a lifetime!!

Kristi
07-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Awesome! We see them every once in a while at the rec area we Camp at. It is always amazing

Festus2
07-19-2013, 04:26 PM
If you are fan of the bald eagle, you might want to come up to BC and have a look at the hundreds of bald eagles that feed on the migrating salmon as they go up the Fraser River. It's quite a sight - eagles everywhere - in the trees, on the river's edge pecking away at the rotting salmon and circling above.

Where we live, we are privileged to see them on a daily basis so for us it is more or less commonplace but nevertheless they are still an awesome bird of prey.

We shouldn't take them for granted --- who knows how long they will be amongst us?

f6bits
07-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Oddly enough, there are bald eagles on a small island (Catalina) just off the coast of Los Angeles. Slumming, I guess.

Cougarfamily
07-19-2013, 06:23 PM
When we were at Yellowstone last year, we went on a trail horse ride in Idaho. While waiting to saddle up, we watched a bald eagle flying around with a smaller bird chasing it. That was pretty cool with all the beautiful scenery.

hankpage
07-19-2013, 07:29 PM
I guess the eagles where I live have learned too much from the people that live here. They wait for the ospreys to catch a fish then swoop down and steal it from them. The ospreys just give it up and continue fishing. The eagles are beautiful birds but I have always had a weakness for the underdog.

Htfiremedic
07-22-2013, 08:16 PM
They are quite rare around here. We have a herd of buzzards and hawks. Lol
We saw what we believe to be an Osprey as well. Neat for the kids and adults too!!

Ken / Claudia
07-22-2013, 10:18 PM
We get to see them here often now. First one I spoted in Oregon was about 25 years ago. I have handled 3 adults during my Fish/Wildlife inforcement years. Man they are big.

gkainz
07-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Title said "Saw a bald eagle camping in GA" which makes me ask "What kind of RV did he have?" :)

hankpage
07-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Title said "Saw a bald eagle camping in GA" which makes me ask "What kind of RV did he have?" :)

It most likely was a Raptor. "bouncey:

gkainz
07-23-2013, 07:29 PM
It most likely was a Raptor. "bouncey:
LOl! good one!

Jables
07-24-2013, 05:48 AM
I went to a bird rehabilitation center in Duncan BC last week. They fly the birds five feet from you. They're huge. They fly eagles, hawks, and owls for an audience.