PDA

View Full Version : Level question

Jerryb1973
07-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Newbie here:
Is half a bubble side to side good enough?

Front to rear is easy to get dead-on with power jacks -- right?

Considering coil configuration on fridge, isn't front to back the most critical?

Does side to side even matter (within reason of course)?

My search lead nowhere, so, sorry if this is a repeat.

86GT2r
07-19-2013, 02:05 PM
I believe that most of the newer refrigerators that are in our RV's will work just fine with the unit reasonably level. 1/2 bubble off shouldn't hurt it any.

f6bits
07-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Half a bubble is fine, but having my doors swing open and/or closed by themselves gets on my nerves. Throw a plank under one or two tires on the low side.

buzzcop63
07-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Searching the net for a good answer to the question of how level does the trailer have to be to not affect operation of the refrigerator. Found a good answer (think it was one of the Mfg of RV refrigerators) they said use a round bubble indicator, shaped like a target with the center being level, the bubble can be half in the center and half out, the round bubble level should be placed on the floor of the freezer section. The rest is a matter of comfort to the owner.

Festus2
07-19-2013, 03:08 PM
I believe that most of the newer refrigerators that are in our RV's will work just fine with the unit reasonably level. 1/2 bubble off shouldn't hurt it any.

x2 The fridges that you find in today's RVs are not nearly as sensitive to level as they once were. You don't need to have it exactly level any more for the fridge to work efficiently.

As far as being 1/2 bubble this way or that front to back/side to side - sometimes its a matter of personal comfort. If your in a campsite for just one night, getting your unit as level as possible may not be all that important. You should make sure that your bed is fairly level since you don't want to be falling out in the middle of the night.

For the rest of the time...get it as level as possible and after that has been achieved ...well, it could be time for a cool one.

hankaye
07-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Jerryb1973, Howdy;

Folks have been tellin' me I'm 1/2 a bubble off my entire life....
haven't found any major problems yet ...

hankaye

Ps. agree with most, won't hurt, but the doors, the doors, the doors... :eek:

jtyphoid
07-19-2013, 06:18 PM
My 2009 vintage Norcold manual states +- 3 degrees for the fridge side to side and +- 6 degrees fridge front to back.

I haven't taken the time to convert degrees to bubbles on my level.