PDA

View Full Version : New Maxxis M8008's today

smcguirt
07-19-2013, 09:24 AM
I hope these live up to the hype! They have to be better than the Missions that came on my Cougar 5'er. Started seeing the sidewalls cracking plus heading to Disney in September I didn't want to take any chances! Read all the great reviews here first!

Thanks,
Shawn
Dallas GA
281BHS 5th wheel
2012 Dodge 3500 Crew Cab Dually

Andymon
07-19-2013, 10:07 AM
I hope these live up to the hype! They have to be better than the Missions that came on my Cougar 5'er. Started seeing the sidewalls cracking plus heading to Disney in September I didn't want to take any chances! Read all the great reviews here first!

Thanks,
Shawn
Dallas GA
281BHS 5th wheel
2012 Dodge 3500 Crew Cab Dually

I'm going to get them for my TT. Found them on Amazon for $118.30 each with free shipping.

smcguirt
07-19-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm going to get them for my TT. Found them on Amazon for $118.30 each with free shipping.

COOL! Discount tire will price match, that is what I did. I went with the E rated 225/75-15.

Festus2
07-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Shawn & Andy --
Did you, by any chance, ask about the current wheel that you have on your unit and see if it is rated or capable of taking a tire that requires 80 psi as do the Maxxis E-rated tires that you are talking about?

BeerCan
07-19-2013, 11:44 AM
I had great service from my M8008's on my Trailmanor. Good choice.

Andymon
07-19-2013, 12:10 PM
Shawn & Andy --
Did you, by any chance, ask about the current wheel that you have on your unit and see if it is rated or capable of taking a tire that requires 80 psi as do the Maxxis E-rated tires that you are talking about?

How do you determine that?

Festus2
07-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I did two things:
1) I asked Discount Tire before I bought the Maxxis tires IF the wheels would be ok for an 80 psi tire; and'
2) I double checked by looking at the data/information stamped on the wheel, then found the identical wheel online and checked the specs there.

Both sources indicated that the wheel I have is rated for 80psi.

If you have aluminum wheels, your ratings/specs would be different and may not be rated to 80 psi. Mine are plain, white-rimmed steel wheels ...the ratings are different.

I'd check with Discount Tires before you order and have them put on. I have the same E-rated tires.

Andymon
07-19-2013, 12:32 PM
I did two things:
1) I asked Discount Tire before I bought the Maxxis tires IF the wheels would be ok for an 80 psi tire; and'
2) I double checked by looking at the data/information stamped on the wheel, then found the identical wheel online and checked the specs there.

If you have aluminum wheels, your ratings/specs would be different and may not be rated to 80 psi. Mine are plain, white-rimmed steel wheels ...the ratings are different.

I'd check with Discount Tires before you order and have them put on. I have the same E-rated tires.

Good info to know. I do know that my wheels are white-rimmed steel also but will still check. thanks!

Festus2
07-19-2013, 01:09 PM
The info that I found out about the wheel is as follows:
15" dia 6"w Bolt pattern 6 on 5 1/2 Maxload 2850 lbs 8 spoke

JRTJH
07-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Good info to know. I do know that my wheels are white-rimmed steel also but will still check. thanks!

Andymon,

If memory serves me correctly, your wheels are 15"/5 bolt steel wheels with 205/75R/15 LRC tires. The wheels are probably rated at 60 PSI. Double check to be sure, the MAX PSI is stamped on the back of the wheel (if they are the same as mine were)

Andymon
07-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Andymon,

If memory serves me correctly, your wheels are 15"/5 bolt steel wheels with 205/75R/15 LRC tires. The wheels are probably rated at 60 PSI. Double check to be sure, the MAX PSI is stamped on the back of the wheel (if they are the same as mine were)

We're going out to the storage yard tomorrow and will check. Thanks!

Andymon
07-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Andymon,

that is my tire size. so if the wheels are rated for 60 psi then the Maxxis can't be used. Any other suggestions?

antiqfreq
07-20-2013, 10:36 AM
We have the Maxxis 8008's on our fifth wheel. They are 5 1/2 years old right now. We know it is time to replace them.

They have great tread, you would never know how old these tires are and we have never had a flat with them.

We really like them and will definitely get them again.

Jo

Festus2
07-20-2013, 11:04 AM
that is my tire size. so if the wheels are rated for 60 psi then the Maxxis can't be used. Any other suggestions?

Can you find a D-rated Maxxis tire in your size?

Andymon
07-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Can you find a D-rated Maxxis tire in your size?

Yes! Found on Amazon for $120 each and free shipping. Also found this pdf info from Maxxis.
http://www.maxxis.com/Repository/Files/m8008load.pdf

Thanks!!

fla-gypsy
07-20-2013, 05:58 PM
No tire is flawless but the Maxxis ST tire is the best ST tire available IMO.

smcguirt
07-22-2013, 09:00 AM
I did two things:

Festus,

I did the research as well. I have the white steel rim rated for 80psi as well.

gearhead
07-22-2013, 06:53 PM
We picked up the new Cougar 5th whl last week. I called Discount Tire and ordered the Maxxis ST 225 75 15 E rated 10 ply. Installed this morning with the steel high pressure valve stems. Alloy wheels. Got the road hazard warranty. $792 later I'm out the door. Now have 4 "maypops" for sale!

gatorrig
07-30-2013, 06:06 AM
No tire is flawless but the Maxxis ST tire is the best ST tire available IMO.

I have to agree 100%. Had a set of 15's put on an older TT, and no issues for over 2 years. Put a set of 16's on our new Toy Hauler last year after three out of the six PowerKing crap tires went bad ( 2 separated and 1 had a huge side wall bubble). This happened in less than a year on a brand new trailer.

gepaine
07-30-2013, 07:14 AM
My 2011 Cougar TT has aluminum alloy wheels with the rating clearly stamped on the back side. However, I needed Discount Tire to interpret the data. Turns out it is rated at 80 psi if it has a 6 bolt mounting pattern, but only 65 psi if only a 5 bolt pattern. (Mine has 6.) (Kind of strange to stamp two pattern ratings when any wheel can have only one mounting pattern.)