PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Xlite Landing Gear Stability

cougarpelt
07-19-2013, 04:29 AM
I have a LOT of side-to-side movement in the landing gear area of my XLite 28sgs. I purchased BAL 23216 Lock-Arm Stabilizing Bars having seen the improvement on youtube streams.
BUT where is there enough metal to attach between the landing gear. the 28sgs has a recessed Storage bin between the landing gear the floor of which is thin metal; Not enough strength there ... and the entire underbody is covered so I can't see where the "beef" is to attach to without cutting;
Has anybody installed this system on a 28sgs and can give me directions before I destroy the underbody seal?
thanks
Ches

rrohrer
07-19-2013, 04:40 AM
I bought jt's for mine. same concept. I can see my frame despite the undercover. I would say if you can't find your attatch point, pull a couple screws off the bottom cover and see what's in there. Pull it back a little. Also, maybe they have a tech assist number. I ended up needing a bracket kit for mine- not clear in the instructions. And JT had a real helpful tech line. I felt wierd calling cause I thought I should have been able to figure it out, but they were real helpful. And you pay enough for these products. Their assistance is part of the package!

rrohrer
07-19-2013, 04:43 AM
I haven't finished my install, but plan was to drive the bolts throught the underlay into the frame. It's just a thin piec of cardboard. i wasnt going to cut mine.

edstep
07-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Just wondering if you put chocks in the front so that you dont need to extend the landing gear so much??

cougarpelt
07-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Yes, I use a 4x4 piece of wood for better footprint under the landing gear. They still stick out enough that the side to side movement wakes the other one up whenever one gets up.