PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Tank fill

wareagle87
07-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Ok, spent last hour searching for this problem and couldn't find anything to really help. Here's the issue:

I tried filling the fuel tank recently. I could not get any substantial gas in the tank without 3/4 of it gushing right back out. I have checked the vent (looks good between tank and fill), checked the fill hose (don't like the 90 at the tank, but I understand why).

Generator tank fills fine. Need to use the tank for generator tank while boondocking. Any help would be great, even if it is a "quick fix"

Sorry, this is on a 2011 FZ302

Bigreddmaxxx
07-17-2013, 05:32 PM
I've had this happen and it was due to the slope of the pavement at the gas station. The trailer needs to be level, by how much I'm not sure, but if the fill side is lower than the other side, then there is a risk this might happen. If it happens, what I've successfully done is to pull the trailer onto a couple of my level blocks.

crash
07-18-2013, 02:17 AM
Sorry I cannt help you on this one ,We have a Raptor and have not had this problem yet:D

BigCajun
07-18-2013, 07:09 AM
The vent is not large enough or the baffles in the tank are too tight. I've had this issue since new. I have to start filling very slowly, then progress as the tank pressurizes. The tank makes extremely loud popping noises as the thin metal expands. Loud enough to scare most bystanders. lol.

T11ravis
07-20-2013, 02:27 PM
The vent is not large enough or the baffles in the tank are too tight. I've had this issue since new. I have to start filling very slowly, then progress as the tank pressurizes. The tank makes extremely loud popping noises as the thin metal expands. Loud enough to scare most bystanders. lol.

Same deal with mine, it has gotten better each time I fill it up though.

Heliumhel
07-21-2013, 08:25 AM
My raptor does the same, I had to start filling slowly almost a trickle and gradually increase.

abneynormal
07-28-2013, 05:57 PM
its common they wont fill fast. I also recycle my fuel occasionally with the filling station to keep the pump working properly. oh btw warrr eagle class of 87 from down on the plains

wareagle87
08-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Just a little update. Those who mentioned having the fill on an angle were exactly right. I filled the aux tank with full gas pump flow with the trailer on a slight side angle. Thanks for all the help!!