PDA

View Full Version : iRV EX6500DVD not playing some DVD

chartrand
07-16-2013, 12:03 PM
I've had two DVD's now that won't play, they do all the previews and get to the warnings just before the movie and then it get stuck and just repeats the warnings. I'm unable to move forward through this. The first time I just thought it was just a bad DVD, but now it's happened again. Both DVD's work fine in other players.

I tried searching for a firmware update but have been unable to fine even the manufacturer. I have my manual, but its not any help.

Thoughts?

-Pat

Festus2
07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Pat -
Sometimes, the newer DVD's and especially the BluRay's will not work well with an "older" DVD or BluRay player. It seems like the newer DVD's have much more hitech features embedded like sound, visuals, etc., in the movies and the older players can't handle or detect this and stop when the movie starts to play.

Are the other players that do work newer models? Perhaps the one in your RV is one of those older DVD players????

Not sure if this is the cause of your problem but it might be something to consider. Let us know when you solve this problem and what the cause was.

chartrand
07-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Well... I have a player from about 5 years ago that I got from Walmart for $24 and it plays these DVD's just fine. The iRV unit I reference here is in my brand new 2014 Bullet Premier. And the DVDs are older movies like "Flushed Away", so just the opposite of what your saying.

Thanks
Pat

labs4life
07-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I had a similar problem in our Sprinter when we bought it. Some movies played and some didn't. Most didn't. I bought a cleaner dvd disc and ran it through our player a couple of times and fixed the problem. All I could think was there was dust and things in there that affected different discs differently. This is a cleaner disc with six or eight little "brushes" on it. Worked for me!!

chartrand
07-17-2013, 06:53 PM
i'll grab a cleaner and report back. Seems odd that a brand new unit would need to be cleaned, but I'll give it a go....

-Pat

labs4life
07-18-2013, 01:34 AM
i'll grab a cleaner and report back. Seems odd that a brand new unit would need to be cleaned, but I'll give it a go....

-Pat

I had the dealer check mine out when I had to get the furnace worked on. Unit was 2 months old. They played "Talledaga Nights" with no issue. The tech said the disc looked horrible and that's what they tested all the systems with. Noted my complaint and said if it does it again, we will replace it. Next time out, same deal. Cleaned it the next week, and no more problems!

Maybe you will be so lucky!!

maryfd
08-04-2013, 05:42 AM
Hi,
I just took delivery of my Jayco 19H trailer. The cd receiver worked initially then after first cd it stopped working. The CD player appears to be trying to read cd but then stops and display gives "error 2" message. The instruction booklet has no troubleshooting information or guidance on error messages. Does anyone have any guidance on getting detailed manual or similar problem they resolved. Thanks.
Mary

chartrand
08-04-2013, 12:21 PM
I ended up taking mine into the dealer for the DVD and a few other issues, have not heard from them yet, but will let you know.

Pat

hankpage
08-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Mary, Even though you have a Jayco and this is a Keystone forum, we won't hold it against you.
The error code you're getting has to do with the laser lens not being able to read the discs.

This is either because the lens is contaminated (dirty), or faulty (needing replacement or is mis-aligned).

So as mentioned for the DVDs a good cleaning of the lens is needed. Good luck with your new trailer and travel safely, Hank

chartrand
08-07-2013, 05:30 AM
Dealer called and said they were replacing the unit. Once I get it back home, I'll test and report back.