PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Birdsboro, Pa.

supercrew
07-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Bought a 2013 Keystone Passport Ultra Light 2300BH back in January and we just camped in it this weekend. I tow it with my 2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4, 5.4 v8. This is our first RV, camped in tents before. We love this camper. A concern I had was the location of the LP gas detector,it is just below the 2 bunk beds, worried grand kids would knock it off wall when getting out of bunk beds. Is there a cage to protect this detector or even a recessed model to replace it with? Would appreciate any input, thanks Supercrew

Kristi
07-16-2013, 05:45 AM
:wlcm: to the forum. Sorry I can't help with your question, but still wanted to say congrats on your new passport.

Festus2
07-16-2013, 06:42 AM
supercrew -
A couple of possibilities ............
You might consider moving it to another nearby location but away from those flailing arms and feet. If you do move it, there will be a small hole left which can be covered up with a decorative plate or cover. Just make sure you keep the sensor at the proper level and that there is power available for it. You can always splice in more wire if needed. OR...

There are suitable cages available but they may protrude outward too far and become more of a hindrance. We've all seen these cages in public buildings, such as schools, that are used to cover thermostats and other controls.

And..... Welcome to the forum!!

supercrew
07-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks Kristi for the welcome, didn't know 2014 were out yet, looks similar to my 2013. Happy camping, Supercrew

supercrew
07-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks Festus2 for your input, I'm still pondering on the subject, Happy camping. Supercrew