PDA

View Full Version : Slide Out Stalls In and Out

CamperGeoff
07-15-2013, 08:28 AM
HI folks:

I have a Montana 3075RL, with 3 slide out config. When pulling the slides "IN", inevitably the slide will stall. I release the toggle for about 30 seconds, re-engage, and generally the slides will continue to be drawn in.

Does anyone know why this happens, and if so, would you please educate me and if there is a solution?

Regards,

CamperGeoff

hankpage
07-15-2013, 09:20 AM
I just saw your other post on landing gear fuses. Seeing both of these problems leads me to believe you have a battery problem causing low voltage to these high draw systems. A fully charged battery is required by these systems regardless of shore power or not. JM2¢, Hank
( The 30 sec delay is the auto reset fuse resetting itself)

CamperGeoff
07-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi Hank:

Just saw your response here too. That sounds like it may be part of the issue. I just had new batteries installed, keep them watered, etc, and the problem occurred less frequently. In other words, it would stall 3-5 times, now only 1 time.

So, there's some relationship there. Hope someone sees this and can provide additional insight.

Regards,

~geoff

malexander
07-15-2013, 01:31 PM
I have 33DBB Challenger. My slides do the same thing, but, if I remember correctly, they'll stall going in AND out.
Like yours, they only stall momentarily (just seconds). I actually thought I had a contactor problem on the hydraulic pump, but the "auto reset" overload protector sounds more probable.

mhs4771
07-15-2013, 04:36 PM
You don't list the year of your Montana, but Keystone was putting too small an Auto-reset breaker for many years, like a 40 or 50 amp breaker on a pump that can draw in excess of 80 amps under load. The fix is to replace it with either a larger, like 80 amp, or two 40 amp in parallel. Our previous Montana 2955RL with only 2 slides was doing the same, did the dual breaker fix and never did it again.

chuck&gail
07-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Mine has only a small rear slide, but did as you describe. I followed battery lead directly to a circuit breaker on the frame. Replaced breaker, problem fixed.

twostep98
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
A friend has a 2009 Montana (not sure of the model) had the same problem. The repair shop found a loose wire connection I believe was somewhere around the pump. Once it was tighten things worked fine.

PA5er
07-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Keystone put out a TSB on this problem a few years ago. The auto breaker used, 50amp, is to small. You need to put 2 40amp breakers in parallel. I had the same problem and the fix did the job. I will look for the bulletin and post if I find it.
I found this post in the Montana Forum: http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49581&SearchTerms=slides,stop

hhh
07-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I have a Challenger that did the very same thing. I replaced the terminal block where the battery is connected. This solved the problem. Keystone does not use the right connector for the current needed.