PDA

View Full Version : Rear lights, exterior

ljp
07-13-2013, 08:19 PM
At what point should the series of amber lights located on the rear panel, top portion, of a Passport 195RB illuminate?

Can't find an interior switch to light them up and they don't work when the electrical is connected to the tow vehicle.

hankpage
07-13-2013, 08:31 PM
I may be misunderstanding your question but there should be no Amber lights shining to the rear of your trailer. They should all be red ... Tail, Marker, stop and turn.

pbryan
07-13-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm not familiar with your particular model, but assuming they are the small rear marker lights (probably 5 of them, one at either corner and three in the center), they should only illuminate when connected to the tow vehicle and its lights are on (either headlights or parking).

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

ljp
07-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Yes, lights are red. One on each corner and 3 in the center.

I will check again during the day after connecting the trailer electrical to our SUV and turning on the headlights/parking lights. I had not checked in this manner before.

Thanks for the help.....

hankaye
07-14-2013, 05:53 AM
ljp, Howdy;

There are several discussions about using a #522 flasher unit,
like used for your tow vehicle, to use you RV ID lights for various
uses. I used the search function at the top typed in Flashing lights
and this is only one of the threads I found there.
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1957&highlight=flashing+lights

Happy troubleshooting. If they still won't light up you might want to
check the fuses.

hankaye

ljp
07-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Connected trailer to our SUV, turned on headlights and glad to see rear lights were turned on. I had not checked the lights before when the headlights were on.

Thanks again.....