PDA

View Full Version : Programming the Remote

micar
07-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Can the remote be programmed to perform functions other than the ones already programmed in??
I would like to program mine to turn on the scare light.
Thanks Mike

RdRmr
07-13-2013, 04:47 PM
My remote does, you press the button on the remote for lights and it turns on the scare light and docking lights. Happy Campin....

micar
07-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Thanks but not what I was asking. I was wondering if it is possible to add to the functions on the remote.
For example mine works the slides, front legs, awning and the LED hitch light, I want to add a function. Turning on the scare light.
Mike

JRTJH
07-14-2013, 04:44 AM
The first and I think biggest hurdle would be to physically wire the scare light to the remote. Depending on the wiring run to your scare light, it may be easily accessible or it may be a nightmare to rewire it.

If your remote receiver has the space for added functions, then you should be able to make the addition. Many of the remotes had a specific number of functions and they were all used. Look at your remote receiver and see if there are additional function connections that are empty. If so, you may be able to rewire the scare light to one of them. With the number of different remote systems used through the years, not all remotes have the same capabilities.

TandE
07-14-2013, 06:19 AM
I know on my unit the wiring connections for the remote are in the rear storage area far away from the control panel for the scare light. So in my setup it would be a PITA to do.

micar
07-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Circuit board is in the front storage by the battery and the scare light is operated by the control panel....