PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Recommend 5th Wheel Transport in FL

Fulltime Teachers
07-13-2013, 09:28 AM
I am a full timer with a Raptor LEV 365. It's a 41 foot, top weighted a 19,000 pounds (although I may have it at about 17,000). It is new and we have yet to purchase the tow vehicle for it. We are still looking for a good used F 350 Diesel, but in the meantime I may need to tow it to and from the dealer for some warranty work, or I may want to move a couple hundred miles from my current location in North Florida. I do not plan on moving cross-country anytime soon.

Can anyone recommend an RV transportation company in Florida that would be willing to be kind of like, "on call" for me when I need some towing?

I am near Lake City, Florida.

Thanks for any help :)

labs4life
07-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Did you ask the dealer??? Lots of times they will do it or can recommend someone.

I did. A quick search on google and found this....looks like a craigslist add

lakeland.craigslist.org/rvs/
RICK'S R.V. TRANSPORT SERVICE ALL OVER FLORIDA (N LAKELAND) pic. RV SPACE ON LAKE PARKER $350 (LAKELAND) pic. JAYCO DESIGNER 31FT ... 1 205/75/d14 st trailer tire & wheel $50 (dade city) pic. 2003 SUZUKI OZARK ...

Fulltime Teachers
07-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Hi Labs,

I have done lots of searches and saw many advertisers. I am wondering if someone knows someone in the area they have used before.

I will check out the link you posted, though. :)

Thanks

labs4life
07-13-2013, 05:36 PM
No one I know personally, sorry I could not help more. Good luck on your TV search!!

hankaye
07-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Fulltime Teachers, Howdy;

Did a quick Google search and found this;

http://www.google.com/search?q=rv+transport+companies+in+florida&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

hankaye

richf28
07-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Don't know where about you are in Florida but I know in the winter when I stay down there some of the residents had warranty work completed on their site by a dealer. I was told because of so many retired with permanents that leave them there some dealers provide the service.

Fulltime Teachers
07-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi Hankaye,

I will probably end up calling one of the companies I can google if neither no one here nor my dealer can recommend.

Thanks for welcome and search for me. :)

Fulltime Teachers
07-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi Rich,

I heard that too. I will have to ask them about it. It is a water leak in a brand new 2013, so I have to do something ASAP! :(

Thanks for replying and giving this advice. :)