Welcome to the forum......

We are glad to you you with us.

Happy Camping !

Jo

:wlcm:

Kristi
07-11-2013, 05:14 AM
New member hope to gain info on keystone 24rls and future 5th wheel

:wlcm: I don't know much about the 24rls, but I do like the floorplan :) Is that what you have or are looking at getting? There are a bunch of folks on here so hopefully some of them can help you out.

Love2camp
07-12-2013, 07:44 PM
:wlcm: from FL! I learn something new on here on almost every day.

dvn/ajn
07-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Have the 24RLS but picking up a new Montana Mountaineer 295RKD 5th Wheel on Sat. 7/20 wish us luck, reading some of the issues folks are having almost scares me.

kimanderson98642
07-16-2013, 06:41 PM
:wlcm: from Washington and the 24rls is a great floor plan. Happy Camping

Kristi
07-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Congrats on your 295RKD! Looks like a nice 5er!

SAABDOCTOR
07-17-2013, 07:31 AM
HI:wlcm: From the north east!!!

Festus2
07-17-2013, 07:42 AM
dvn/ajn -
When you go to pick up your new unit, be sure to take a Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist with you when you do your walk through. This checklist is available for our members --- Go to the Keystone Questions Section of the forum and look at the sticky near the top of the thread list.

Don't be rushed when doing your walk through --- ask lots of questions, find out where everything is located, what all the switches do, where the pump and converter are, how to manually retract the slides, how to winterize, where the drain and dump valves are located, ..... the list goes on. And last of all, don't sign on the dotted line until you are satisfied that all is well but you may have already done this........

Get anything that needs to be repaired, adjusted, or replaced done now if you can and any promises or assurances made by the dealer in writing.

Good luck and welcome to the group.

dvn/ajn
07-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Got a very detailed check list to take with us when we picked up the rig. I even faxed it to the dealer to let them know we were going to take awhile for checking it out. Got allot of good info and helpful knowledge that I think will be a benefit in the future.
Did find out about something that I have never heard of and did a search on the forum site but nothing came up.....has anyone heard of a roof certification???
The tech that did the unit review with us told us that we should get a roof certification done each year. He said that Keystone has refused warranty work coverage when an owner could not show that they had done this each year.

Festus2
07-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Roof certification? Never heard of it :confused: It may be some kind of verification that the owner can show to prove that proper and regular roof maintenance - caulking, cleaning, etc., has been carried out. If such a thing exists - which I doubt it does -, where would you take your RV to get the roof certified and who would do it?

dvn/ajn
07-23-2013, 01:09 AM
The procedures you mentioned is what this person said was done. He said any authorized warranty/service location could do it. I was going to drop a line to Keystone, see what they say.