PDA

View Full Version : Low water pressure

MS Family Time
07-09-2013, 02:03 PM
New owner of a Montana High Country. We just went out last weekend and the RV Campground lost water pressure. When the water started flowing again the pressure was low and the City Water did not start running again. We had to run off the fresh water holding tank using the pump. Is this a common issue? how much pressure is needed for the City connection to work?

therink
07-09-2013, 03:08 PM
At times I have low flow issues as well on city water even if pressure at the campground is good. I am thinking it may have something to do with the flow through the check valve at the inlet.
One thing I did that helped was I drilled out the small resrictor in my shower valve assembly. Shower flow rate has much improved.
Steve

hankaye
07-09-2013, 07:23 PM
MS Family Time, Howdy;

Have you mentioned the low pressure issue to CG
Management??? Could be they have not fully resolved
their problems.
We had the same thing happen here. After they found the
'Other' leak and fixed it all was fine.

hankaye

Lost
07-10-2013, 03:43 AM
New owner of a Montana High Country. We just went out last weekend and the RV Campground lost water pressure. When the water started flowing again the pressure was low and the City Water did not start running again. We had to run off the fresh water holding tank using the pump. Is this a common issue? how much pressure is needed for the City connection to work?

First: :wlcm:From Michigan to the forum. I agree with hankaye that you need to check with the CG to get the issue fixed. Hope that you enjoy your new Montana High Country ... We love ours :)

hankaye
07-10-2013, 03:11 PM
MS Family Time, Howdy;

Please let us know what the out come is...

Thanks,

hankaye

mountainlivin
07-11-2013, 08:42 AM
You may have picked up debris when they turned the water back on. Disconnect your water supply hose and look for crud in the check valve.

Smitty43
07-14-2013, 05:10 PM
I put an adjustable regulator on my water supply and run it at 60 psi with no problem, such as leaks. Really helped with the flow.--Smitty

PND
07-16-2013, 03:00 PM
An inline filter is what I use, just incase there is crud in the line.

PND

laredorick
11-03-2013, 04:04 AM
Had a bad pressure regulator once that caused that problem. I always crack the park valve for a few seconds to clear out whatever could be in there.

hankaye
11-03-2013, 09:31 AM
MS Family Time, Howdy;

Another thing that might have you getting low flow is
'pressure differential' (Bernoulli's Principle). Simply put, if
the pressure of the water is very close to the setting of
regulator then the water will have a difficult time getting past the
spring pressure of the regulator and it will cause the reduced flow you
were experiencing. Just something else to consider...

http://www.ehow.com/how_6514409_calculate-flow-based-differential-pressure.html

hankaye

outwest
11-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I used to always get stuff clogging the screen on bathroom & kitchen faucets at one park, even though would run their water for a bit before hooking up to it. Became a routine to unscrew the screen from spigots after a couple of days at that park. With new trailer I'm using a really good filter inline between trailer and park hookup. Now I just have low water in morning (when everyone in park is getting up and around).