PDA

View Full Version : 327 regulator question

neesey62
07-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Found a leak on the regulator that is on the door side or opposite side of the changeover valve that goes to the regulator. Are two regulators necessary?

PerryB
07-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Somewhere around 2008-ish there was new rule that required the regulator to be mounted within a certain distance of the tank, and this caused the far tank to need its own regulator. The idea is that if the line is breached between the tanks, the leak will be much slower due to the greatly reduced pressure in the line. The problem I had was that I could only get 1/2 to 2/3 of the gas out of my left tank before the switch-over valve would change to the right tank. The colder the outside temp., the sooner the switch would occur. Apparently when there was any significant draw on the system, the reduced pressure was being seen as an empty tank (for lack of a better description) and the valve would switch tanks. I removed the regulator and solved the problem. From a technical standpoint, the off-side regulator is completely unnecessary. From a legal standpoint, it is required. I am not advocating that others should remove this regulator, but I've personally had my fill of Big Brother.

neesey62
07-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Ok, thanks for the information. This is exactly what my husband wondered about.