PDA

View Full Version : Question on installing access door in slide out of Cougar 31sqbwe

numbnu7s
07-06-2013, 08:44 PM
I have a 2013 Cougar 31sqbwe and I want to install an access door in the main slide-out so I can get in to the storage under the U-bench from the outside. How can I find out what obstacles I might run in to, including bracing, wiring, structural issues? I'm not having much luck searching the Internet.

Festus2
07-06-2013, 11:08 PM
numbnu7s -

Aside from the "physical" obstacles you might encounter when trying to make this modification, you might want to think about the possibility of voiding your warranty. This kind of modification could be taken as a change to the frame/structure and that would be enough to void your warranty. If you check the warranty section of your Owner's Manual, I think you may find this is the case.

I'm not sure how significant and how much value you place on the warranty but if you do the work and if something should happen to the slide or other section of the TT, then you may be out of luck with any warranty claim. You might want to wait until your warranty is up before going ahead with this project.