PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Drain Stopped - 2011 Montana High Country

Jim Dow
07-02-2013, 01:39 PM
We were camping this weekend when all of a sudden the kitchen drain stopped up. I disconnected the P-trap; and it was all clear. Yet the drain remained stopped.

Next, I drained both the black and grey water tanks. The black water tank drained fine; and the grey water tank drained. However, the kitchen sink drain remained stopped; while the sink drain in the bathroom continued to drain just fine.

What on earth could be the problem?

f6bits
07-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Is there be a separate Galley grey water tank?

Dhuhn
07-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Did you try running a snake down the drain past the pea trap you may have a clog

hankpage
07-02-2013, 03:40 PM
You didn't mention emptying your galley tank :confused:

mhs4771
07-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Most Montanas have two gray tanks and they hide the gate pull handle for the second tank. Try looking on the frame in front of the axles or between the axles on the road side.

CUFFS054
07-02-2013, 05:57 PM
So here I am the first weekend of ownership of my Springdale. Suddenly the kitchen sink won't drain. Ha! "must be clogged"! I go at it with a big plunger. It drains. The guy I bought it from stops by. I proudly relate my adventure. "Did you drain the galley tank?" Pour-friggin-qua???. I blew grey water out the plumbing vent and made a huge mess (and stink) Seller almost choked trying not to laugh.

Pmedic4
07-02-2013, 08:24 PM
So here I am the first weekend of ownership of my Springdale. Suddenly the kitchen sink won't drain. Ha! "must be clogged"! I go at it with a big plunger. It drains. The guy I bought it from stops by. I proudly relate my adventure. "Did you drain the galley tank?" Pour-friggin-qua???. I blew grey water out the plumbing vent and made a huge mess (and stink) Seller almost choked trying not to laugh.
The joys of embarrassing ourselves. I seem to excel at it!

:banghead:

Jim Dow
07-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the advice. But no, I didn't know that there was a second galley grey water tank; and I certainly didn't see the drain handle.

I'll look for the drain handle as suggested.

riceman
07-03-2013, 02:17 PM
We own a Raptor 381...was told by our salesman that the second grey water tank was for a washing machine. On our 4th time using the camper I noticed the kitchen sinks were not draining and there was a funky smell. Thank goodness it was our last day. Well, when we stopped to dump the tanks my DH decided to pull the handle on the second grey tank- and low and behold....it was totally full!! Now we know we have 3 tanks to dump!

Jim Dow
07-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the help. I found the galley (second) tank dump valve right in front of the first axel/wheel on the driver's side; and it worked on the first try.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Pmedic4
07-31-2013, 06:22 AM
I didn't see the drain handle for the Galley Sink grey water tank, and my sink was 'backed up' too. The DW even confused me by saying when I ran some water down the shower drain, water came up in the galley sink.
After looking, I saw right on the side of the RV the label for Grey Water. Took me another 10 minutes to find the handle! Yes, back to my earlier post I thoroughly enjoyed embarrassing myself.

At least this time it didn't involve the Black water tank drain being clogged, and being in up to my elbows. Little good rubber gloves do when you in that deep!:eek: RV'ing is an adventure - doesn't the Keystone website say something like that?

bettyf69
01-28-2017, 12:23 PM
I have a 5th wheel 2011 Montana mountaineer and My galley tank is full and I can't find the valve to empty it. I've search all underneath and there is no valve to be found. I looked towards the back and between the 2 wheels and there is no hole where it may have been if it would of fell off. I been underneath the whole trailer and just don't see it anywheres.... Can anyone please help!!!!! Thanks.....

2011 Keystone Montana Mountaineer
Model 335RET

gearhead
01-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Probably drivers side in front of the axles. Just kneel down, you'll see it. No need to roll underneath. Just below the frame on mine, I think.
It's the same color as the frame, well camouflaged.
I painted mine orange.

bettyf69
01-28-2017, 02:27 PM
I appreciate the reply. I will try it again tomorrow and see if I can find that little sucker. I will let you know if I can locate it. Again thanks.

Clays390
01-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Ours is located behind the main drivers side slide. Just under the rear skirt.

bettyf69
01-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the reply. We been under it for days and still haven't located the valve. When you say under the rear skirt do you mean I have to pull off the under neat part of the camper? I talked to the dealer I bought it from and he told me it was on the drivers side on the I beam. He said it was drilled it in but we didn't see anything on the beam. He also said it could be towards the back but still haven't seen anything. I really don't understand why they make it so hard to find. Thanks again for the reply.

sourdough
01-30-2017, 06:20 PM
If you have been down each side, thoroughly, between the frame and the outside of the trailer and you can't find a handle it must have fallen off. They typically are somewhere around the tanks if you know where they are. There might be some remnants of a sticker that would have indicated a valve. I've never seen or heard of a unit that would require pulling the skirting or underbelly off to find it (but I haven't seen everything:). My main drain handles are pretty straight forward but my galley handle is hidden behind the skirt inside the frame, just by the edge of my tire, small (not like the regular handles but silver) and has a very short pull compared to the other 2. If it wasn't labeled it would have been hard to find. If there is a galley pull, and it's not gone (6 years old) you should be able to find it; if not, are you sure the galley isn't just clogged?

notanlines
01-31-2017, 03:33 AM
Betty, I found this picture on another forum asking the same question on the same unit you have. Should give you a fairly good answer.

bettyf69
01-31-2017, 04:53 AM
Thank you so much. Now that should gives me some sense of direction to where to look. I will try this again today. Thanks again.