PDA

View Full Version : Caulk

Rich
07-02-2013, 07:20 AM
What do you suggest I use for caulk around the slides? I used regular silicone last time and it didn't last long. I was wondering if it was due to all the shaking. It just didn't last. By slides I mean around the edges when it's opened. Thanks

3P'sInACougar
07-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Pro flex caulk is Perferred on here from my research. I used on front cap this year. Looks good so far. But have to clean all old caulk off. Need to use a cleaner to get silicone caulk off since nothing will stick to it. Not even more silicone caulk. This is what I have learned. Good luck. I'm redoing all my caulk points with the pro flex rv caulk as I go along. My 2 cts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Festus2
07-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Personally, I wouldn't use silicone. Once it starts to deteriorate, peel and discolour, it needs to be removed before applying any other kind of sealant. As mentioned above, nothing will stick to it so applying new silicone on top of old is a waste of time and money.

ProFlex caulk is a better choice and one that has better all round qualities than silicone. If you do recaulk, you'll have to remove all the old silicone and clean the area thoroughly before applying the new stuff.

abneynormal
07-05-2013, 05:24 PM
I use denatured alcohol. it cleans well and wont harm your finish.