PDA

View Full Version : Mods con't

bhratt
06-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Found this mod here:
http://blog.goodsamcamping.com/2011/08/dont-become-a-victim-of-rv-lock-in-or-how-to-fix-an-important-safety-fault/#respond
I used method #1 but I use a product found in Stanley Tools that is in their corner bracket and braces line and is called a Repair Piece. It is a straight and flat piece of metal just the right size with holes already in it. I filed off the corners to put a rounded edge to them. I painted them with one coat of primer and two coats of flat black, drill pilot holes in the plastic and installed one on each holder. As one of the awning braces is in the way, had to use a small bungee cord to hold the grab handle to the left when traveling.
Also showed DW my new and cheap mod. Showed her when it got dark. I place a 15 amp fuse between slot 3 and 4 on the 7 slot trailer plug and low and behold the clearance lights lite up. She looks at me and said "Why?"
I sais 'Because I can." :). Ok not one of my best answers but it was an answer. She just waked away, shaking her head, talking to herself, and drawing her finger in a circle around one of her ears. Sometime I do not understand her. :confused: My grandson thought it was neat.. he is only 5"bouncey:

CCC
06-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Wow, thanks for posting that link. I never thought of the assist handle being used against me! :eek:

f6bits
06-27-2013, 09:14 AM
This topic came up a few months ago and nobody'd heard of an instance of it being used against them.

But thanks for the link. At the time, nobody had any clean mods for the handle that would prevent this.

thewhitehat
06-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Whew! I'm glad I have two doors on my TT and the back one does not have an assist handle. :D

Terry W.
06-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Now this is what is really crazy about this. On our Avalanche 330RE the handle stows across the door normaly. It can not fold aft due to the slide. But I have check to make sure my escape windows to open.

gkainz
06-27-2013, 08:28 PM
On my Laredo the handle won't store aft as the awning rail blocks it. I never thought about the handle being swung closed maliciously.