PDA

View Full Version : No lock on bathroom door ?

Bean
06-26-2013, 03:57 AM
I have a 2013 Springdale 294bhssr.

As far as I can tell, there is not way to lock the bathroom door.

Is this how all camper are ? Or did they put the wrong lockset on mine ?

Thanks,
Bean

Javi
06-26-2013, 04:03 AM
Most do not have a lock on the bathroom door.. but it is easy to visit a Lowe's, Home Depot or other retailer and pick up a locking door knob specifically for bathrooms.. you know the kind, they have a small hole in the middle of the outside knob so you can unlock it in case of emergency... Just take the old knob assembly with you and they can match the size for you..

SAABDOCTOR
06-26-2013, 04:52 AM
No locks on bathroom doors:eek: home cheapo would be the place to go if you want a lock.my door is so close to the throne I just use my foot:D in my unit I have an outside door in the bathroom. they put clear glass on the door! some times you just have to wounder what were they thinking?

hankpage
06-26-2013, 05:19 AM
Most privacy locksets will adjust for different door thicknesses. The backset is what has to be compared. (the length from the door edge to the center of the handle. most will be 2 3/8") http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1117

Barney, The king should be able to survey his kingdom while seated on his throne ..... thus the clear glass, my lord. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1108

Kristi
06-26-2013, 05:28 AM
No locks on bathroom doors:eek: home cheapo would be the place to go if you want a lock.my door is so close to the throne I just use my foot:D in my unit I have an outside door in the bathroom. they put clear glass on the door! some times you just have to wounder what were they thinking?

Maybe they thought you should be able to see the nature as you answer the call??? :D

JRTJH
06-26-2013, 07:22 AM
... they put clear glass on the door! some times you just have to wounder what were they thinking?

What is it they say about the "wild bear in the woods?????" :rolleyes:

Just Keystone's way of making sure you "feel right at home, Barney" :D

SAABDOCTOR
06-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Yep full moon over the camp ground!!:d

randy69
06-26-2013, 04:11 PM
I put a lock on mine. But darn if you have a 5th wheel you can see under the door a person ankles sitting on the throne.

hankpage
06-26-2013, 04:35 PM
When dealing with us seniors you will be lucky to see just ankles. :eek: http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1587 ......................... Bunions and varicose veins ... what did you think I meant????????

Essness
06-26-2013, 05:11 PM
I guess I never thought about getting a regular lock:o

I have a hauler with 2 doors, the bath seperate the garage from living area. 2 ways to get caught squinting:D

chuck&gail
06-26-2013, 07:17 PM
No lock on ours, but I never go RVing with anyone with whom I would NEED a lock.

Ken / Claudia
06-26-2013, 08:27 PM
I guess you could get a lock on the bathroom door and than it would become your safe room to hide from bigfoot if he attacked. Wait a minute would bigfoot just pick up the RV and throw it off a ciff.

GaryWT
06-27-2013, 03:21 AM
We tried to put a lock in the last trailer but did not get one small enough. Thinking of trying in the new rig but not sure. We have glass on the outside door as well but it is not clear, it is frosted or something, you can see shadows. Not sure why they do not use a solid door.

mguay
06-27-2013, 03:30 AM
I'm befuddled why you would want a lock on the bathroom door? It's in your RV...not the gas station! Who's gonna walk in on you? The DW,DH or the kids? When I'm in there, that is the last place that anyone else wants to be!

Javi
06-27-2013, 03:30 AM
The bathroom in my Passport 2890RL is so small you can't shut the door anyway... same with the shower, you got to get out to turn around...

Essness
06-27-2013, 03:51 AM
We camped with friends last weekend. It was wet and muddy on the trails. So we use the garage entry to go in and out of the trailer,

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_84629_0_14b353604e2e4ab11f3f486b2e01a588.jpg

With the bathroom in the middle, you might understand the need for the lock.

davidjsimons
06-27-2013, 04:02 AM
I'm befuddled why you would want a lock on the bathroom door? It's in your RV...not the gas station! Who's gonna walk in on you? The DW,DH or the kids? When I'm in there, that is the last place that anyone else wants to be!

I put a lock on the door to the head. Along with using my TT for family outings, I also use it to entertain friends and clients at the NASCAR races. My unit is fitted with an outside door as well as the inside door and you don't always know if anybody is in there. I understand your point and its taken but a locking door to the head would be nice. On the up side, it is cheap enough and easy enough to replace.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/27/natysa7e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crash
06-27-2013, 04:56 AM
I went to lowes and bought a lock for our bathroom and one to go in the garage door between the living space and garage area so we can leave the rear deck and side patio set up and open when we are out and about and dont have to worry about someone getting in to the inside of the camper:D

Bean
06-27-2013, 05:01 AM

Picture the scene....The wife has just finished doing her business and is...Let's just say finishing up the paperwork... When my son's visiting friend has to use the bathroom. He goes in (the wife figuring it is me or my son) doesn't say anything.

The young boy (needing to go badly) rushes in, opens the door and gets an image he will never forget. A young lad....scarred for life...will never be the same again. Will never be able to use a bathroom without paralyzing fear. Soldiers call it Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, but there is no diagnoses for the affliction that this boy suffers. Even medications and therapy can not help this poor child. His mind is clouded and even pleasant thoughts do not last for long, he cannot forget...He will never forget...

This child's happy childhood cut short so early in life... He could have been saved this torturous life had Keystone simply installed a lock on the bathroom room.

Please give to the "please tell me I didn't just see that" fund and help save some other poor child's future.

Bean

hankpage
06-27-2013, 05:17 AM
Soliciting funds on the forum is not allowed ... but in this horrific case I think we can let it slide. ..... It could have been worse. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=1127

f6bits
06-27-2013, 05:30 AM
For those with the outside door to the bathroom, I pity the person with an emergency who can't get into the bathroom because the last user locked the interior door and then exited the trailer.

davidjsimons
06-27-2013, 06:12 AM
For those with the outside door to the bathroom, I pity the person with an emergency who can't get into the bathroom because the last user locked the interior door and then exited the trailer.

I keep the key in the drawer next to the door to the head. It's happened.

Ken / Claudia
06-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Bean has a good point, after reading that I am now positive that Keystone must put locks on all bathroom doors. Sorry, I cannot give to his fund, I now must save money for myself when the lawsuits come in from my sons friends.

Bugle Boy
06-27-2013, 12:15 PM
When I first stepped into the door of a 31RKS when we were shopping for a new TT I was immediately reminded of that old CCR song There's A Bathroom On The Right.

hankpage
06-27-2013, 12:29 PM
When I first stepped into the door of a 31RKS when we were shopping for a new TT I was immediately reminded of that old CCR song There's A Bathroom On The Right.

Remind me to never ask you to give me some "Bad moon shine". :D ...... You had to go and do that ..... now I'll have that song in my head all day. (Pun intended)

davidjsimons
06-27-2013, 02:02 PM

Depending on you vantage point, you may indeed have seen a bad moon rising.

Festus2
06-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Depending on you vantage point, you may indeed have seen a bad moon rising.

David -
Hah - Another song...."Bad Moon Rising"....one of the greats by Credence Clearwater Revival. Remember??
Seems like the mention of bathrooms, bathroom doors, Black holding tanks, etc., causes some of us to break out in song and write foolish things.

Essness
06-27-2013, 02:25 PM
For the CCR fans, I just read a couple weeks ago that Fogerty has a new album out. (If they're still called albums?)

curlyfungirl
06-27-2013, 02:47 PM
For the CCR fans, I just read a couple weeks ago that Fogerty has a new album out. (If they're still called albums?)

He puts on an awsome concert!

Festus2
06-27-2013, 03:45 PM

Last time I looked, they were called "CD's" but I hear that vinyl could be making a comeback. "bouncey: Don't throw out your turntable!

We should get a rally going with CCR as the featured guest ..... but only old folks would come. :(

Essness
06-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Last time I looked, they were called "CD's" but I hear that vinyl could be making a comeback. "bouncey: Don't throw out your turntable!

We should get a rally going with CCR as the featured guest ..... but only old folks would come. :(

I'm not old enough to not know about CD's............:o guess I just stuggle with the change:confused:

davidjsimons
06-27-2013, 05:34 PM
I still play 78's on my turntable.

hankpage
06-27-2013, 06:30 PM
I still play 78's on my turntable.

I converted all of mine (78s,45s,33s, 4tracks, 8tracks, cassettes, and cds) to MP3s and came up with over 5000 songs. It's amazing how much music you can accumulate in over 50 years. :eek: .... I still can't get Bad Moon Rising out of my head. http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=251&pictureid=2051

suza
06-28-2013, 10:00 PM
We tried to put a lock in the last trailer but did not get one small enough. Thinking of trying in the new rig but not sure. We have glass on the outside door as well but it is not clear, it is frosted or something, you can see shadows. Not sure why they do not use a solid door.

Perhaps the glass on the door is to let in some light?

Might I suggest stragegically located sign(s) - "Please knock before entering" :)

monica4patience
06-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Our salesman told us they can't install lockable doors on the bathroom because there's not an emergency exit.