PDA

View Full Version : Rear AC

CCFROMFL
06-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Can you install a 15k ac unit in the bedroom with a separate thermostat similar to set up in living area. The current rear 13.5 AC is very noisy and has only two controls.

rnkburg
06-26-2013, 04:42 AM
My bedroom was wired for an extra ac. I didnt add a thermostat just use the one that is on the unit. Made all the difference in the world in cooling our unit.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

dcsunderland
07-01-2013, 02:55 PM
How was the install of the second unit? I have a 2013 Cougar 330RBK wired for a second AC but not sure how to install it.

Thanks,
Dave

CPE
07-03-2013, 06:31 PM
I had C W install second bed room ac ($80.00 labor) with a little negotiating. I installed digital thermostat(BR) and relay for second ac unit a main breaker. Leave unit on low fan and thermostat low on second unit. Unit cycles off fan and compressor together NOT as factory unit is wired (fan runs all the time). Mounted digital stat on wall in B R at door frame near bed. Factory thermostat on these units is inside the unit and has larger temp swing; MUCH more comfortable. 5'th wheel was factory prewired for second ac power; I installed 12v relay at power panel and thermostat in Bed Room. Be sure of all electrical code and sizing requirements! Questions?? priv. mess. if you want.