PDA

View Full Version : Just took delivery, so to speak.

davidjsimons
06-23-2013, 03:33 PM
I know that this has nothing to do with RV'ing but I just got home from the hospital. My wife just gave birth to our second son. She wants to go camping this weekend. You've got to love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tileman
06-23-2013, 03:35 PM
I know that this has nothing to do with RV'ing but I just got home from the hospital. My wife just gave birth to our second son. She wants to go camping this weekend. You've got to love it!

Great to here :)

f6bits
06-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Did you finish the PDI for the new kid? Gotta make sure he's in good shape for that next trip. Congratulations!

JRTJH
06-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Congratulations David (and DW) on the birth of your new son. Here's hoping the whole fam damley stay healthy and that you get back to camping soon.... Maybe this weekend is a wee bit early???? LOL

Kristi
06-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Congrats!!!

davidjsimons
06-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Thank you all. We're all like a big family here, and I figured I would share the news. My DW loves our new camper so much, she's already informed me that we are taking our already planned trip this weekend. She also told me that I needed a new truck, and that she wanted a camper. I bought the truck and camper. Many of my friends have told me that they would love to have my wife nagging them.

KanTC
06-23-2013, 05:18 PM
:wlcm: little one... and congratulations David, and to the Mrs & big brother too!!
His 'first' camping trip -whether this weekend or a few weeks from now- will be a
(sharing memories) campfire story many year's from now. :)

Enjoy them while they're young... they grow up far too fast.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot & DH Kevin :)

labs4life
06-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Congrats on the new addition!! I "had" to upgrade campers after our second child. We went on one outing with her in the old camper and the DW said, we have to have a bigger camper!!! I always obey her commands.
Sounds like you listen to your DW as well!!
Enjoy and have fun!!!!

Javi
06-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Congratulations

Love2camp
06-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Congratulations on the new little camper! Enjoy it while their young. We are attending college orientation for our first born tomorrow. Love that new baby smell even more than that new rv smell.

davidjsimons
06-24-2013, 02:24 AM
Congrats on the new addition!! I "had" to upgrade campers after our second child. We went on one outing with her in the old camper and the DW said, we have to have a bigger camper!!! I always obey her commands.
Sounds like you listen to your DW as well!!
Enjoy and have fun!!!!

The TT that I purchased was a Cougar 28RBS. I was planning ahead when I bought it. It has two fixed double bunks in the rear of the unit. And how do you fight the demand of "you need a new truck"? That is like telling Tim The Tool Man Taylor he needs more power.

labs4life
06-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Enjoy the baby as well as the older sibling and enjoy your time with your family. I feel we are closer than ever since we have been camping with regularity!!!!

davidjsimons
06-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Enjoy the baby as well as the older sibling and enjoy your time with your family. I feel we are closer than ever since we have been camping with regularity!!!!

The kids have to grow up remembering something. My father and I fished all over. The DW does not fair well on a boat, so we compromised on the TT. Now I camp and just charter a boat to offshore fish a few times each year. With the price of fuel, it is cheaper to charter the boat than to own it. My son has really taken to camping. At five, he already knows much about how to set up the camper. My father taught me old school navigation, I hope my son is able to take something away from all of this and have fun at the same time.

labs4life
06-24-2013, 06:23 PM
The kids have to grow up remembering something. My father and I fished all over. The DW does not fair well on a boat, so we compromised on the TT. Now I camp and just charter a boat to offshore fish a few times each year. With the price of fuel, it is cheaper to charter the boat than to own it. My son has really taken to camping. At five, he already knows much about how to set up the camper. My father taught me old school navigation, I hope my son is able to take something away from all of this and have fun at the same time.

That is funny you say that about your five year old....my four year old told me the other day, "daddy you set up your side and I'll set up my side". I went to the shop for years with my dad and he would not let me do anything. I still learned a ton!! Hopefully my little ones will learn by seeing and DOING.

davidjsimons
06-25-2013, 02:58 AM
That is funny you say that about your five year old....my four year old told me the other day, "daddy you set up your side and I'll set up my side". I went to the shop for years with my dad and he would not let me do anything. I still learned a ton!! Hopefully my little ones will learn by seeing and DOING.

It's funny you mention going to the shop as a kid. That was my favorite thing to do. I got into plenty of things. I loved climbing into the old retired trucks down back. I bet I drove two million miles in a D-900 Dodge. We also had a herd of Black Angus, I used to love feeding the cows. The bull we had was huge. He would run anybody who set foot in that field, except the kid that fed him. I could walk up to him and pat him on the face as I would feed him sliced apples. I played hard. That's what I want my kids to do as well.
I see you are from Georgia. My wife's family is from Washington.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/yhyje2a4.jpg
That was a child's paradise!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/25/byhuja3a.jpg
That's my father in the middle, along with his two brothers. They had just bought their first new Kenworths. That was a proud day.

labs4life
06-25-2013, 03:38 AM
My Dad was a to tinkerer. He wanted me to help him build deer stands and BBQ grills and such. This is when I was 4-5. My brother is 5 years older and no Interest in what Dad was doing. He is now a lobbyist and I have a business. We run 5 road tractors only to supply us with material.
I had the same experiences with cattle as my grandfather fooled with cattle for years.

Sounds like we shared some similar childhood as well as the ideas of how we want to see our kids experience this world. Lots of things have changed since I was 4, but I want my little boy to see the good in this place.

I know where Washington is. I used to run out there 3-4 times a week.

ohiocougar
06-25-2013, 04:21 AM
Congratulations!

labs4life
06-25-2013, 04:58 AM
The picture of your Dad and his brothers is priceless. I love looking at old pictures of family.

I would love to hang out at that shop today!! I would feel like a kid in a candy store! My little boy loves coming to our shop now and all he wants to do is ride the "tractor".

crash
06-25-2013, 05:09 AM
:wlcm:to the new little camper and congrats,Stay safe and happy camping:D

azlee56
06-25-2013, 08:37 AM
I was the youngest of four. Dad ran reservation store and I got to work the candy sales area starting pretty young. He also help run a ranch and none of my sibblings were interested, but I certainly was. Many hours in the saddle while spot branding, tagging, etc. many cold mornings going out with the axe and cutting holes for the cattle to drink from on the ponds (brrrr). I miss it.

I was dupped my dad's second son, even though I was a whimp of a girl.

curlyfungirl
06-25-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm sure your wife will be just fine. I can't think of anything more relaxing than camping. I remember tent camping when I was eight months preggo. Not fun at all.

davidjsimons
06-26-2013, 03:13 AM
I'm picking up the new little one and the DW to bring them home today. We will see how she feels about that camping trip on Friday morning.