PDA

View Full Version : Long time diesel owner, new RV owner!

DieselMatt
06-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Hello all! My name is Matt. I just recently purchased a 2008 Fuzion 362 and I will be taking delivery next week. This is going to be our first trailer ever and up until now we have just been tent campers. I'll be towing this beast with my 2006 F250. We are really looking forward to making this TH "ours" and will hopefully be camping in it within a week!

rode2nowhere
06-20-2013, 03:39 PM
congrats, welcome to the forum too. Now go camping"bouncey:

JRTJH
06-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Dieselmatt,

:wlcm: to the forum and to RVing. You'll find it to be a LOT more comfortable than tent camping.... especially when you set up in a rocky field LOL

Since you're new to RVing and will be picking up your first ever RV in a few days, you should "mosey" on over to the GENERAL forum section and look in the KEYSTONE QUESTIONS section. The first entry is a PDI (pre delivery inspection) checklist. Download it, review it, and take it with you when you pick up your new RV. It will help you cover all the equipment in your RV, and guide you to make sure you know how to operate everything. There's a heck of a lot to know and to try to remember during that couple of hours and you will be bombarded with information. The PDI checklist will give you a place to write down some notes and also guide you to areas the serviceman may skip over during his orientation.

Again, welcome to the forum and we all hope you are as happy with your new RV as we are with ours...

DieselMatt
06-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Its nice to be on another friendly forum!

I appreciate the tip on the PDI checklist. I'll certainly be bringing that along now.

crash
06-21-2013, 02:42 AM
:wlcm:to the forum from the east coast .congrats on the new to you camper,Happy camping and keep it safe out there:D

DieselMatt
06-21-2013, 06:31 AM
:wlcm:to the forum from the east coast .congrats on the new to you camper,Happy camping and keep it safe out there:D

Thanks crash! Oddly enough that was call sign when I was on boarding teams. "bouncey:

My wife and I are actually from GA. We don't know for sure yet, but there is a good chance we will be headed to MD or VA this time next year.

Kristi
06-21-2013, 08:54 AM
:wlcm: Congrats on your new trailer! This is our first TT also & I can tell you after just a few trips out, it beats tent camping by miles! Enjoy! :)

azlee56
06-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Welcome. This forum is top notch, and some where lurking is Festus (moderator) who is a riot.

poking Festus.

Love2camp
06-21-2013, 11:46 AM
:wlcm: good luck with the new purchase. Safe and happy travels.