PDA

View Full Version : Golf car help asap?

tomsws6
06-19-2013, 10:35 AM
Were going away tomorow so I went to load the cart in the truck. Well I got to the top and the rear tire was still on the ramps and all of a sudden I heard a hiss and looked over and there was a little bit of smoke coming from the passenger side seat and then I had no forward or rear movement. Its electric ezgo txt, I took seat off and nothing looks burnt or frayed. All the connectors to were the forward/reverse linkage are look good. To top it all off I have to work nights and have to be there by 6. Sorry for the rant Anyway any help would be appreciated. Thanks

CUFFS054
06-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Toms isn't the "magic box" the controls power/movement on that side? Pretty sure mine is. I have not had good luck with my EZGO.

labs4life
06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
The controller should be located under the black panel in between the fenders on top. Take it off or get underneath and make sure there are no loose connections.
That would be the quick fix.

tomsws6
06-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys, I found thatI burnt my connecter to my forward/reverse switch. I replaced it and now and have forward but reverse is a little touch and go. It does it when it wants to. lol Probably got dirty when I fried it.

labs4life
06-19-2013, 04:18 PM
That is a simple solenoid. Not difficult to change. Glad u got her going. Had a truck with no reverse one time....had to think ahead when parking.........