PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question...fridge when stored....

chris199
06-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Put the TT in storage for a cpl weeks. When I propped the fridge door open, the light stayed on. Fridge was turned off. Other than perhaps taping the light switch in off position or taking the bulb out, is there some way to keep the light off. I do not have a battery cutoff switch.

Breakers do not affect the fridge....must be on fuse. Pull the fuse?

Am I missing something really obvious?

Given this is std practice, seems like it should be easy.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

suza
06-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Put the TT in storage for a cpl weeks. When I propped the fridge door open, the light stayed on. Fridge was turned off. Other than perhaps taping the light switch in off position or taking the bulb out, is there some way to keep the light off. I do not have a battery cutoff switch.

Breakers do not affect the fridge....must be on fuse. Pull the fuse?

Am I missing something really obvious?

Given this is std practice, seems like it should be easy.

Our fridge came with two storage latches that clip onto the door latch, but leave it cracked so the inside doesn't mildew during storage. I never thought about the light, just assumed it does not come on when the fridge is turned off. I'll have to go check . . . . . :yes: we are hooked up to shore power with the fridge turned off. The light does not come on if the door is open.

86GT2r
06-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Same here. The light does not come on when the door is open if the refrigerator is shut off.

KanTC
06-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Chris,

As others have said, the light should not be 'on' if the frig is turned 'off'.

Do you have the model of frig with an 'auto' mode? If so, check the on/off switch to make sure the frig isn't set on 'auto'... i.e. the frig switches to & runs on LP,
instead of shore power. When you noticed the light being 'on', did you notice whether or not the frig was 'cold'? Are you sure the switch is working correctly?

Just some food for thought...
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

chris199
06-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Had it on shore power...on Auto. Unplugged from shore power and turned auto off. No little yellow light on top. Gas is still on. I suspect it's still running in storage....LOL. will run by tomorrow and see what it's doing.

Doors open...warm and muggy out....if its on.......it will run all night.

"Oh what a fine mess you've gotten us into!" (As Ollie would say...)

chuck&gail
06-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Sooner or later you will want a battery disconnect switch. Seems to me this is a good time.