PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Stained Plastic

ride red
06-15-2013, 07:40 AM
I have some plastic outside doors and trim that getting ugly with black staining. My question is what do you guys recommend to clean and remove these stains?

f6bits
06-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Do a search for "Black Streaks" and you'll get a bunch of info.

hankpage
06-15-2013, 12:20 PM
If you are talking about the plastic insert in the trim molding, it is easier to replace it. It is cheap and comes on a roll. Anything else try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It works very well. Bleach works also but you have to be careful handling it.

K4BEV
06-15-2013, 02:35 PM
I have good luck with Barkeeper's Friend.

hankpage
06-15-2013, 02:54 PM
I have good luck with Barkeeper's Friend.

I never thought of that .... it works great on stainless.

ride red
06-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

rjsurfer
06-16-2013, 09:33 AM
I refuse to keep cleaning my outside plastic trim. Whenever I see another piece of trim starting to yellow or stain I just break out the plastic spray paint and be done with it.

Never had to go back and re-do anything I painted, never....

As far as the white 1" trim that sits in the joint channels, make the switch to black trim and never touch it again and the new white is black in case you where wondering.

Ron W.

chris199
06-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I have used a Magic Eraser (mr clean) on plastic trim. Cleans it in one swipe. Works well. DO NOT USE ON ANYTHING WITH A GLOSS. There is a warning on the box...I would never use it on the camper sides but would on rubber trim, plastic trim, etc.

There is this white strip that goes down each front edge of the 29REV. Looks terrible when all else is clean. Bugger to clean. Magic Eraser on that was amazing.

Chris

Chris

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2