PDA

View Full Version : Bedroon slide manual override

ptodd47
07-30-2010, 04:41 AM
2nd trip in this camper and the bedroom slide won't open:mad:...I have a crank handle but no idea where the crank is...the owners book says contact the manufacturer....anyone have an idea...?

PS: We have looked for that crank everywhere but cant find anything

ptodd47
07-30-2010, 05:16 AM
According to Keystone the crank is located under the bed after an access panel is removed. We will see tonight.:rolleyes:

Stargazer
07-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Have you had a chance to watch the Keystone video about over-riding the slides?

Override your slide out mechanism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ETwE3SrCM)

It might help you figure yours out... that is, unless you're like me and watch it several times before you realize that Keystone installed a completely different system in the RV--LOL :D. Because you said you have a crank, I think you have a Lippert Components slide out system as shown in the video. Mine is a BAL Accu-slide which is totally different.

ptodd47
07-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Yes and after I watched it I called keystone....mine is under an access panel thats under the matress.

chuckretnav
08-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Ive looked under my matteres and I hope i have at least two of my grandkids with me. To get to the panel I have to take my queen mattress off (and where do I put that) then unscress a panel that looks at least 4 x 4 to reach the motor. I hope I never have to do it. once the slide is in I dont think the mattress would fit laying against the closet.:(

kenn209
08-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Nope its a pain in the arse!! I had to pick up the matterss and the board underneath and prop them up on my back as I cranked out the slide. Just a few inches was all it needed to go out.

Now when I bring in the slide I make sure I stop it before it starts to ratchet. Probably needs adjusting

On edit: I wonder how they got that mattress in there, cause there aint no room to maneuver it.