PDA

View Full Version : The quick, the easy and the wanted

Pawpod
06-11-2013, 03:00 PM
My wife prefers using the trailer toilet rather than pit toilets and some service stations toilets. Unfortunately with the slide in we could not get into it. Now we can. Parts & tools - giant pool noodle, razor knife.
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_82102_0_3065034d32827595a433ec7ae9afe77d.jpg[/IMG]
Slide out. Noodles on edges to stop rubbing. Bottom one stops the door from swinging
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_82102_1_f3f0d395d4c5ce796dd80a737049e040.jpg[/IMG]
Slide in. Access to washroom while traveling.:rolleyes:

Pawpod
06-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Tired of digging for my power cable adapters and surge protector. They usually migrate to the center of the pass through.:banghead:
Found these at Canadian tire. They are called hold-it holders, being soft rubber, perfect for power cables.
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_82105_0_2d6f2a36d34e3fc6970679e21665c6e9.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_82105_1_54584524f60cb0d4cffcc125d32d8d1e.jpg[/IMG]

Cables are now handy. Also used 3m hooks and some Velcro for my stablizer crank

And lastly a power jack and just had a sway control arm installed today (no picture)
http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_82105_2_22782b2ee5e9c809d8ac8d28e54513ef.jpg[/IMG]

RJ&S
06-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Pool noodles are a wonderful thing. I noticed several of them being used on our last trip by campers to protect themselves from the corners of their upper slide-outs....another great idea. And, your wife is not the only one that likes to use the trailer bathroom on the road...the best part of having your own trailer! Thanks for sharing your organizing photos.

hankpage
06-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Being able to access everything with the slides in was one of the main considerations when choosing the model we bought. I'm glad you were able to accommodate your wife .... Always have to keep Mama happy.

f6bits
06-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Nice setup for the hangers. Does the stabilizer crank hop out of the hook during transport? I'm in the process of hanging/mounting stuff in the passthrough and wonder how clamped in everything has to be.

GaryWT
06-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Looks good. We have a door to the bathroom so we are set but that is the next best thing.

sagebel
06-12-2013, 08:04 PM
I moved the hinges to the opposite side of the door jam for the same reason. Just need to make sure the blinds are down.

We use pool noodles at the bottom of our mini blinds to keep them from making noise at night when the windows are open.

Pawpod
06-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Nice setup for the hangers. Does the stabilizer crank hop out of the hook during transport? I'm in the process of hanging/mounting stuff in the passthrough and wonder how clamped in everything has to be.

Just off where your hand goes I wrapped the soft half of Velcro around the bar and the other to the wall so it doesn't jump around and off the hooks. So far it has stayed.

crash
06-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Good idea on the pool noddles,we use them on our slide out edges to protect people from the corners:D

GMcKenzie
06-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Tired of digging for my power cable adapters and surge protector. They usually migrate to the center of the pass through.:banghead:
Found these at Canadian tire. They are called hold-it holders, being soft rubber, perfect for power cables.

What size did you buy? I see they have small, Med and Large.

Pawpod
06-14-2013, 12:42 PM
I used the medium ones

GMcKenzie
06-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks. They look like a good idea. Might pop into crappy tire on the way home for a look at them.

Tboudro
06-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Just bought a 2510 also, tight fit for bathroom with slide closed, wife will appreciate this instead.

billb800si
06-24-2013, 10:31 AM
We can get to the bathroom with the slides in but I see no problem with extending the slide to allow someone using the bathroom.

CCC
06-28-2013, 04:20 AM
We can get to the bathroom with the slides in but I see no problem with extending the slide to allow someone using the bathroom.

Our model has a sticker that reads: Don't operate slide on battery power. So, we have no way of opening the slide while traveling (wouldn't want to on the side of the highway, anyway).

Nice mod, Pawpod!

billb800si
06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Our model has a sticker that reads: Don't operate slide on battery power. So, we have no way of opening the slide while traveling (wouldn't want to on the side of the highway, anyway).
Nice mod, Pawpod!
==================================

That's a new one on me. Every manual I've read said "use battery power when extending slides". When people boondock that's all they have is battery power usually.
We've opened the slides a ways , on the side off the hwy., when the wife yells "pull over"....

Festus2
06-28-2013, 12:38 PM
The only way our slide will operate is on battery power - connected or not connected to shore power. Or, in case of some slide motor or battery malfunction, manually using a hand crank.

Unusual instructions on that sticker.

suza
06-28-2013, 08:42 PM
I agree - slides work on battery power. I don't know why a sticker would say that. What they should say, however, is that you should never stand on the slides when they are in. It is my understanding that the main slides raise up when they are in and standing on them could damage the framework.

When we were shopping for our new RV, it appeared to me that manufactureres are designing the layouts with the bathroom, as well as the fridge, accessible when the slides are in to allow for roadside pit stops and lunch breaks. Has anyone else noticed this?

CCC
06-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Yikes! Sorry, I was wrong.

The sticker says not to use the slide WITHOUT battery power, and only shore power.

My husband said something like, "the battery is the filter that...something... prevents the slide motor from blowing...something, something... diode, something ...converter.

Anyway - since we don't have a battery disconnect switch and are plugged into shore in storage, this won't be a problem we have to worry about.

Sorry for the misdirection!!!

Festus2
06-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Yikes! Sorry, I was wrong.

The sticker says not to use the slide WITHOUT battery power, and only shore power.

!!!

Still confused about this sticker.....
A battery is needed for the slide to operate. Agreed. When I am not plugged in to shore power, the battery is still functioning and I can run the slides in and out using just the battery. I can use the slides without shore power........everybody else can as well.

"And only shore power makes no sense." Your slide will work with or without shore power providing the battery is charged up and in good condition.

Maybe it is the rare heat wave that we are experiencing here on the west coast of BC. I don't get it. :confused:

CCC
06-29-2013, 08:46 PM
I did not communicate that well. I'll blame the heat wave as well...

I'll take a pic of the sticker (RV's in storage now), but what I was trying to say is that my husband remembers the sticker saying not to operate the slide in the following conditions: 1) your battery is disconnected *and* 2) you are hooked to shore power.

suza
06-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Still confused about this sticker.....
A battery is needed for the slide to operate. Agreed. When I am not plugged in to shore power, the battery is still functioning and I can run the slides in and out using just the battery. I can use the slides without shore power........everybody else can as well.

"And only shore power makes no sense." Your slide will work with or without shore power providing the battery is charged up and in good condition.

Maybe it is the rare heat wave that we are experiencing here on the west coast of BC. I don't get it. :confused:

We've got the heat here in Oregon, as well. I'm at my son's in Sandy (west side of Mt Hood, East of Portland) and it was 96 degrees today. Going home to the South Coast tomorrow, but reports say the heat is expected to continue for at least a week. National Weather Service has even issued a severe weather alert!

azlee56
07-01-2013, 09:04 AM
uggg, it was 118 at my house during the weekend.

GMcKenzie
07-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Maybe it is the rare heat wave that we are experiencing here on the west coast of BC.

I picked a good time to leave the Okanagan and sit at Harrison.

:)