PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Loads

RVThereYet
06-11-2013, 05:10 AM
New to the forum so I apologize if this thread belongs somewhere else.

I am going to dry camp for 3-4 days in CO soon. First time doing this and I have been reading a lot of info on how to reduce phantom loads.

I saw one post on a forum somewhere about the Dometic A/C having a switch somewhere that should be turned off because it will always pull some amps from the battery.

Does anyone know about this?

Other suggestions?

I already replaced most of my standard bulbs with LEDs and I am using a Deep Cycle 12 volt battery(new)

mhs4771
06-11-2013, 07:14 AM
For 3 or 4 days you might be better with 2 batteries. I've never heard that about the A/C other than the Comfort Control T-stat display runs off 12 volts, and I believe there is a switch on it to turn it off. If you have remote control for the slides or landing gear/stabilizers, the module for them draws power, as does the Propane Detector. Sounds like you haven't changed all the lites, so only use the ones with LEDs. Those standard lites draw and lot of juice. Good luck and enjoy

MarkS
06-11-2013, 07:26 AM
Your biggest draw will be the furnace. Colorado mountain nights can be cold. I would recommend getting a second battery. If you can swing it, get a generator. Most places let you run it during the day. A couple of hours will keep the batteries up.