PDA

View Full Version : Buying a used Keystone

tnd2
07-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Hey everybody, I figured i'll wait until closing the deal to post in the New Member Check in thread. Until then we're looking to get our first TT and wanted to get some input from users.
Its a 2006 Copper Canyon 2991RLSS, only used a couple times, its spotless inside, with a well maintained exterior that shows minor weathering from exposure.
Anything we should be concerned with?
There's a 4yr ext warranty available for $1368, i'm thinking its a good idea to get it.

We were looking at something in the 20' range, but we found this one at a local dealer(not a Keystone dealer though) for less than a new 20', so why not upgrade?
My tow rig is a 2004 Dodge 3500, so there's no problem up-sizing the trailer.

Thanks!

sloopdog 1
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
My DW and I love our 08 Copper Canyon 339fwtls.We had a Keystone Freedom LIte 28 foot TT, but quickly decided it was too small.If you can't tolerate small spaces,you should go ahead and get something that you can move around in, and that has room for real beds, shower, and bathroom facilities.The one you are looking at has 3 waste tanks,with a large gray water tank. That is a good thing.That tank will fill up fast if it is only 30 or 40 gallons.Here is a link to the floorplan that is closest to ours.http://keystone-sprinter.com/media/floorplans/2008/650/339FWTSL.gif
Hope this helps.
Dale.

tnd2
07-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks, that floor plan must really feel wide open.

Agent 405
07-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Hey everybody, I figured i'll wait until closing the deal to post in the New Member Check in thread. Until then we're looking to get our first TT and wanted to get some input from users.
Its a 2006 Copper Canyon 2991RLSS, only used a couple times, its spotless inside, with a well maintained exterior that shows minor weathering from exposure.
Anything we should be concerned with?
There's a 4yr ext warranty available for $1368, i'm thinking its a good idea to get it.

We were looking at something in the 20' range, but we found this one at a local dealer(not a Keystone dealer though) for less than a new 20', so why not upgrade?
My tow rig is a 2004 Dodge 3500, so there's no problem up-sizing the trailer.

Thanks!

Nice TT. I think $1,368 is very reasonable for 4 yrs coverage.

tnd2
07-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Nice TT. I think $1,368 is very reasonable for 4 yrs coverage.

We're picking it up next Sat, extended warranty, WD hitch, propane topped off, detailed, fresh rv caulking(for a lack of a better term) on the roof, new battery, and the full WD setup and all systems tour.

The weekend after that we're heading to a campground about 45mins from the house for our maiden voyage.

Neal