PDA

View Full Version : Dometic fridge not working

Corbin1357
06-10-2013, 05:57 AM
I guess I'm going to add to the my fridge is not working! The freezer is working fine, and the fridge is cooling to some degree, 34 at best but then other days it will be up to 64? I have the model with the thermistor control in the fridge that you slide up and down on the cooling fin. I've check the fuses and they look OK, but going to replace them just to be sure. I've had it running this pass week and some days its OK at 34 degrees and others its up to 64. The other week before when it was working fine we camped on a spot that we where out of level side to side about 3 degrees, you don't think that messes it up?? I think its the thermistor, and ideas?? Thanks for the help!!(tx)

SAD
06-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Based upon what you're stating, it sounds intermittent - hence the reason you get cooling some times and not others.... Perhaps having the control board tested is in order. An authorized service center (like RV dealer service dept) should be able to do that for you.

raytronx
06-10-2013, 06:40 AM
http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Check the thermistor test

Ray

CUFFS054
06-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Corbin, just for fun I defrosted the refrig section m my Dometic over the weekend. I used a hair dryer (yes, I read the warnings). It was fast and the freezer never warmed up. The interesting thing is the refrig is much cooler now. I don't know if the thermistor was responding to the temp of the built up frost/ice that was around it or not.

Corbin1357
06-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Thanks!!! I'll try those ideas and keep you posted!(tx)

jlb27537
06-12-2013, 01:53 PM
If the thermistor was frosted up that is a insulator and will cause the frig to think it is cold when it is not.

If you operated it out of level side to side you might need to burp it. Remove it, turn upside down overnight, reinstall next morning. Keep thermistor frost free.

You should be fine.

Jim

Corbin1357
06-19-2013, 04:43 AM
I give up! So its going in for a professional to look at it. I have never had to bring her in before, do you guys empty them out before you go?? Not that there is a ton of valuable stuff but I've got tools and stuff I leave in there. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

jlb27537
06-19-2013, 05:24 AM
What have you done to check it? Does it do the same thing on both gas and elec? Do you have good voltages to the board? A/C and DC?

Have you hard wired the electric heater and let it sit over night? There are a lot of stuff a owner can do to figure out a frig.

If you do take it in, I would take out things like tools, guns. Dishes, and such, leave in it.

Being a 2012 is under warranty? right?

Go here and download the service manual and give it a good read.
http://bryantrv.com/

Corbin1357
06-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Thanks for all the help! I've tried a couple things and still I'm, but running out of time we are going away for the month of July so time for the big guns!! Unfortunately we got it at the end of 2011 so my one year warranty is up. Thanks again for all the help!!

JRTJH
06-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Corbin,

The refrigerator has either a 2 year (or if you paid extra) a 3 year warranty. So, hopefully whatever is wrong may still be covered by warranty, just not the Keystone 1 year "all inclusive" one.

Corbin1357
06-27-2013, 06:36 AM
So it was the cooling unit! Good news is that Dometic is replacing the part under warranty!!! Thanks again for everyone's help!

labs4life
06-27-2013, 06:50 AM
Good to hear!!